[SOLVED] Computer won’t boot just flashes

May 22, 2020
I finished my pc build and aio instillation and went to boot my computer, but nothing happens except for a spontaneous led flash while holding down power button. I know that the power supply is not the problem because I used a different one and got the same result. I also tried unplugging everything except the cpu power and motherboard power and got the same result. I have also tried without graphics card and it does not make a difference. Also front panel connectors are good.
System specs: evga 1080 gpu
i5 8700k cpu
2 sticks of 8gb corsair vengeance pro ram 3600mhz
EVGA 650w Bronze certified
CPU cooler Corsair H100i

I finished my pc build and aio instillation and went to boot my computer, but nothing happens except for a spontaneous led flash while holding down power button. I know that the power supply is not the problem because I used a different one and got the same result. I also tried unplugging everything except the cpu power and motherboard power and got the same result. I have also tried without graphics card and it does not make a difference. Also front panel connectors are good.
System specs: evga 1080 gpu
i5 8700k cpu
2 sticks of 8gb corsair vengeance pro ram 3600mhz
EVGA 650w Bronze certified
CPU cooler Corsair H100i
Can you go back to old CPU cooler ?

May 22, 2020
It’s going to be difficult because i have an aio installed, but I’ll try it

EDIT: switched back to old cpu cooler, but same result. The only other thing I could think of what it could be is motherboard.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like the motherboard is a lemon - though I've only experienced it once: a Z390 Aorus Master - I put the PC together without breadboarding, hit power, it flashes on and right back off.
Breadboarded - same deal. Returned it and got a working board.

May 22, 2020
Sounds like the motherboard is a lemon - though I've only experienced it once: a Z390 Aorus Master - I put the PC together without breadboarding, hit power, it flashes on and right back off.
Breadboarded - same deal. Returned it and got a working board.
I was using this motherboard in my old build, but I hadn’t powered on my computer for probably 2 weeks before switching my case.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Already had it in use, huh?
ESD? It probably wouldn't react at all if that were the case.
Maybe there's a short somewhere?
I'd still try breadboarding it if nothing else.

May 22, 2020
I have already breadboarded got same result. I’m thinking that there might be a short some where. Should I try taking the motherboard out of case and booting on a cardboard box?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you think it’s safe to go ahead and purchase a new one?
IF it's still under warranty - like, 3 years for most motherboards - I'd try that.

Or do you think I should take it to a computer shop to have someone look at it?
That is also an option. They might find something you didn't.

IDK, flip a coin? They're both valid options, but the first could get you a new board for next to nothing.

May 22, 2020
IF it's still under warranty - like, 3 years for most motherboards - I'd try that.

That is also an option. They might find something you didn't.

IDK, flip a coin? They're both valid options, but the first could get you a new board for next to nothing.
Do you think it’s possible that the motherboard is not the issue? I was planning on upgrading my cpu and motherboard anyway so this rlly isn’t too big of a deal, but I don’t want to upgrade and have the same problem