Question Computer won’t start for 3-9 days after power outage/being unplugged

acpohio

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So basically every time my power goes out, even for a moment, my computer dies for 3 days to a week. It has always turned back on though. It happens even when the computer is turned off during the outage. It even happened when I accidentally unplugged the sure protector when cleaning. It seems if I even unplug it the computer dies for days.

Usually I just reseat and replug-in things and it will turn on a few days later. I’ve tested the power supply using a paper clip, I’ve removed and reseated everything except the cpu. I’ve tried suggestions on the internet like purging the power, removing the mobo battery. Unfortunately I’m always stuck waiting until one day it just turns on.

I’m tired of it because where I live I lose power semi often, so I want to start replacing parts. Would the motherboard be the most likely culprit?

thanks in advance for your help :D

i7-6700k
Msi gaming m5 motherboard
Gtx 1070
16g Corsair vengeance ram
750w psu (gold certified)
512 SSD
2T HD
Windows 10

acpohio

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So basically every time my power goes out, even for a moment, my computer dies for 3 days to a week. It has always turned back on though. It happens even when the computer is turned off during the outage. It even happened when I accidentally unplugged the sure protector when cleaning. It seems if I even unplug it the computer dies for days.

Usually I just reseat and replug-in things and it will turn on a few days later. I’ve tested the power supply using a paper clip, I’ve removed and reseated everything except the cpu. I’ve tried suggestions on the internet like purging the power, removing the mobo battery. Unfortunately I’m always stuck waiting until one day it just turns on.

I’m tired of it because where I live I lose power semi often, so I want to start replacing parts. Would the motherboard be the most likely culprit?

i7-6700k
Gtx 1070
512 SSD
2T HD
Windows 10

I’ve also tried new outlets and new surge protectors.

you may want to invest in a UPS, it could be a situation where the line power is affecting your PSU? you didn't mention the brand. but a UPS will allow you to ride out small glitches and maybe save your components from a real surge

i7-6700k
Gtx 1070
512 SSD
2T HD
Windows 10