Computer wont boot even BIOS unless i switch RAM slot

Aug 15, 2018
Hello.

I just got this new PC. I have 4 sticks of RAM, 4GB each.
At first they were all 4 installed. I installed Windows, put the updates, drivers, then went to restart it. ‘Windows getting ready’ for 2 hours+ , I decided to force restart it but it was all black after that.

Looking at the hardware, I realised that it boots only after I take 3 rams out, leaving only one. Then if i want, i can add those 3 back and reboot it. Basically, it will not boot not even my BIOS unless i switch their position.
If i leave only that 1 stick, every time i restart/start the PC i have to put it in another slot.

I tried taking one by one out, and it only boots when i am with one left in the computer (doesnt matter the slot).

On the screen, it shows 164-Memory Size Error (HP Computer), showing that the memory size changed.

My BIOS is the latest version.

I am clueless, so I’d like some help. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Solution
see if two of the same dimms post. on the dimms make sure there not low voltage ddr3. your mb is looking for 1.5v ram not 1.35 ram. with one dimm working use cruical memory advisor see if you have the right ram for the pc. most people use two stick of ram now not 4. with 4 sticks you have to raise the ram voltage.
Aug 15, 2018
The RAM arent a kit, but 3 are the same, 1 is different. DDR3.
CPU: i7 2600
GPU: GTX 1050Ti
Unfortunately only in about 6-8 hours I will get home to check the model of the motherboard and i will post it then..

see if two of the same dimms post. on the dimms make sure there not low voltage ddr3. your mb is looking for 1.5v ram not 1.35 ram. with one dimm working use cruical memory advisor see if you have the right ram for the pc. most people use two stick of ram now not 4. with 4 sticks you have to raise the ram voltage.

Solution