Question Computer wont boot properly

hvarulven

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
The other day when I booted up my computer I use on a daily basis I had a blue screen pop up telling me that my windows files were missing or something. I rebooted the computer and then it went into a constant loop of rebooting with nothing on my monitor. I tried unplugging all my hdds and ssds with no luck and went on to replug my ram, graphics card and everything else connected. With no luck still. I changed the motherboard to another one I had laying around and moved the cpu over to that one and same problem. Then I tried using a different motherboard again with another cpu socket and a different cpu and it boots up and I see it on my screen, but it took 8 minutes to open Google Chrome on it. I changed the motherboard once again to a 4 th one with the cpu that the other 2 didn't boot up with and now it boots up, gives 3 short beeps and 3 short beeps again and then it's running fine, but still nothing on my screen. I'm running out of ideas on what to do. I took a video and pictures of all the components but I don't know where to upload it. Never made a post here before 😉

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, we're going to need a lot more information from you. If this is a desktop, we're going to need to know the specs to your build, like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Given how many parts you added on, you will need to state what you had prior and what parts you added to troubleshoot the matter/issue. So it seems you might have to list the motherboards you've used and/or the CPU's used as well.

Also include the age of the PSU, not just it's make and model(and wattage).

If you want to post a video for us to see, upload it onto a file sharing site and pass on a link on this thread.

hvarulven

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016
Yes this is a desktop. I was running this build first
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G41
CPU: INTELCORE 17-3770
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: TX750 M CORSAIR
SSD: HYPERX 120GB
RAM: 16gb BALLISTIX
PSU was new 1 year ago.
This setup has worked for as long as I can remember.

I changed the motherboard to a
MSI Z77A-GD55
With the rest of the setup being the same and it didn't boot just endless starting and stopping.