[SOLVED] Computer won't boot up with Graphics Card installed

Oct 17, 2019
My computer worked just fine for maybe like a month. A few days ago there was a problem. When i pressed the power button The Fan turned on and was working at Full capacity (i believe it made a ton of noise) . When i uninstalled the graphics cars the computer turned on with no problems at all. I suspected the problem was the brand new graphics ( Asus GTX 1660 ti) card but later i tried to turn it on using my old graphics card (RX 470) which also didn't work.
I didn't download anything. There is no way a virus is causing this. Every piece is a month old except the PSU and the Case.

Full system specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD
CPU: Intel I7-8700
Graphics card: Asus gtx 1660 Ti
Power supply: Cooler master Bronze GX 750 Watt
RAM: Corsair 8x2 3200 MHZ

Solution
My computer worked just fine for maybe like a month. A few days ago there was a problem. When i pressed the power button The Fan turned on and was working at Full capacity (i believe it made a ton of noise) . When i uninstalled the graphics cars the computer turned on with no problems at all. I suspected the problem was the brand new graphics ( Asus GTX 1660 ti) card but later i tried to turn it on using my old graphics card (RX 470) which also didn't work.
I didn't download anything. There is no way a virus is causing this. Every piece is a month old except the PSU and the Case.

Full system specs:
RAM...
That noise you heard, can you describe it?

Have you seen any visible burn marks on the GPU or I didn't download anything. There is no way a virus is causing this. Every piece is a month old except the PSU and the Case. motherboard?

If you have a short internal in the GPU, that may have caused damage to other components as well, such as mainboard or PSU.

Oct 17, 2019
That noise you heard, can you describe it?

Have you seen any visible burn marks on the GPU or I didn't download anything. There is no way a virus is causing this. Every piece is a month old except the PSU and the Case. motherboard?

If you have a short internal in the GPU, that may have caused damage to other components as well, such as mainboard or PSU.

The noise is regular fan noise just very loud so i thought it meant that fans were spinning at full capacity.
Motherboard is new maybe like a month old.
I don't see how a brand new GPU could be broken. The GPU wasn't even on heavy load on the day this happened. I was just playing CS GO
Oh and also no There are no burn marks on the GPU. If i had a short internal in the GPU than it would not work in the first place would it?

Ok, if fans are causing the noise ther is a completely different situation.

That may point to an internal cooling that doesn't perform well, or maybe the CPU cooler isn't mounted properly.

You should try to see (hear?) excaclty wich fan is speeding up prior to shutdown.

Oct 17, 2019
Ok, if fans are causing the noise ther is a completely different situation.

That may point to an internal cooling that doesn't perform well, or maybe the CPU cooler isn't mounted properly.

You should try to see (hear?) excaclty wich fan is speeding up prior to shutdown.

I believe it's the CPU fan. But if the problem was with the fan i think it wouldn't matter if the graphics card was installed or not.

Full system specs:
RAM: Corsair 8x2 3200 MHZ

Seems like a little tricky to diagnose. Things I would try:

Blow out dust from the PCI_E slot
Install the graphics card in a different PCI-E slot (if available)
Change the PCI-E power cable to the graphics card, make sure you are not using the same cable for anything other else
Try a different PSU

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Like Flayed, I'd be suspicious of the power supply way before thinking it's an actual CPU problem, which is fairly rare. We're talking a decade-old Seventeam-made power supply with cheapo capacitors (we're talking 85-degree Su'scons on the secondary), which wasn't really a good power supply when it was new. I'd have looked to replace this no later than when I shelled out cash for an 8700 and a 1660 Ti.