Computers Can Now Replicate Handwriting

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never learn. multiple movies and they are still working on making a neural net processor. I have no doubt Skynet is being developed by the military as we speak and the future of darkness will become a reality....

Mr Soup

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
One of my High School English teachers told me a schizophrenic with Parkinson's and broken fingers could write better than me. But on the plus side he let me type all of my assignments. Google has no hope of replicating my "writing".

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
They will never learn. multiple movies and they are still working on making a neural net processor. I have no doubt Skynet is being developed by the military as we speak and the future of darkness will become a reality....
I know they are always paranoid as evil and want to get rid of humanity but it might turn out only human are concerned about this, once skynet goes online the last thing it would do is get rid of all humans, maybe it would be the savior for all our ills and help us become better, or it could just completely ignore us just the way we ignore ants, I for one welcome our digital lords

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
It could never replicate my hand writing. I could write the same thing 10 times, and all 10 would be different. I can read what i just wrote, but if i tried to read it a day later, or even an hour, i usually cant.

Which is why i just type everything.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I know they are always paranoid as evil and want to get rid of humanity but it might turn out only human are concerned about this, once skynet goes online the last thing it would do is get rid of all humans, maybe it would be the savior for all our ills and help us become better, or it could just completely ignore us just the way we ignore ants, I for one welcome our digital lords

well... look at it this way, if a computer is capable of working machines to repair itself, can run a mine to get more materials, can get used materials, does not need the breathable are to be of good quality to live, what is the point of the humans that get in its way?

the real issue that will pop up is if we make a machine smart enough to self upgrade, or an ai that is able to think that is linked into an unfiltered internet connection.

i could potentially live long enough to get to the point of robotic rights movements.

Problem isn't the machines it is the humans. Our arrogance will be what starts the path to us becoming a threat as we will be threatened for no reason and feel the need to proclaim our dominance.

Still I doubt we will see this in our lifetime so enjoy life.

humorific

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
One of my High School English teachers told me a schizophrenic with Parkinson's and broken fingers could write better than me. But on the plus side he let me type all of my assignments. Google has no hope of replicating my "writing".
Legibility doesn't matter. The computer recognizes repeated patterns and habits in your script then cross matches them with commonly used words and statistical letter patterns. This, and a plotter are all you need to plant fake signatures and "handwritten" notes on checks, contracts and other documents. I wouldn't use it directly without hardcopy, then scan back, to further "wash" the machine traces and increase the faux authenticity. Plus, someone might ask for the original.

Saberus

Distinguished

Problem isn't the machines it is the humans. Our arrogance will be what starts the path to us becoming a threat as we will be threatened for no reason and feel the need to proclaim our dominance.

Still I doubt we will see this in our lifetime so enjoy life.

Maybe instead we'll achieve singularity before then and come to see the AI in the same way we see dogs, loyal companions with intelligence, but not at the level of Human.

Ning3n

Honorable
May 12, 2013
Does anyone remember the the infinite monkey theorem?
The same theory *could* be applied to individual handwriting.

This is quite worrisome.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Well if you use Google's handwriting input, store patterns in individual data sheets you naturally can reverse it afterwards to use it like this. Nothing pretty much intelligent or neural about it.

G

Now, if the computer gets really mad at us, it can write us a letter. And if we do nothing, and it gets even madder, it can write another letter, this time using angrier hand-writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.