Concept Video iOS 7 Hints at Possibilties

Status
Not open for further replies.

457undead

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
It's funny how someone made a somewhat better concept then iOS 6 all by theirselves, compared to a company with billion dollars.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Girding loins for negative Android comments... (Though some can me one chuckle)

I wonder why they post Apple News on this site? It brings the ire of the 'Droid fanboys

Sent from my Nexus 7

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]457undead[/nom]It's funny how someone made a somewhat better concept then iOS 6 all by theirselves, compared to a company with billion dollars.[/citation]

Too bad no one's doing that for Android :( There are quite a few things that would be nice to see in Key Lime Pie...

Sent from my Nexus 7

john15v18

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
...hmm a sliding quick app drawer from lock screen? Android has had that feature since ICS... Hardly a innovative concept apple...more like a straight copy from android...

johnnyboy5520

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2013
Why take Ambien when there are Apple demos? Yaawwwwnnnnnn.............snore....

iOS 7 aka Android 2.0. "Ooooooh settings? what is that? I have seen that yet? Apple are such innovators, I can't wait for Android to copy 'Settings'.

royalcrown

Distinguished
At least apple does things on ALL their devices, unlike android where what device you own determines how
little or how much your laggy apps will crash. However all those force closes keep you from taxing ANY android device's shitty battery life.

diddo

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]457undead[/nom]It's funny how someone made a somewhat better concept then iOS 6 all by theirselves, compared to a company with billion dollars.[/citation]
Making a concept is not the same beast of making a real operating system... doing mock screens is even faster!

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Features like what was shown in the video would be great. All I know is they better do SOMETHING or I'm jumping ship to the GS4 or something similar.

[citation][nom]royalcrown[/nom]At least apple does things on ALL their devices, unlike android where what device you own determines how little or how much your laggy apps will crash. However all those force closes keep you from taxing ANY android device's shitty battery life.[/citation]
Correct. BTW, how's Siri working on that iP4?

Riiight....

[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Too bad no one's doing that for Android There are quite a few things that would be nice to see in Key Lime Pie...Sent from my Nexus 7[/citation]
Which things are you referring to? AFAIK, app drawers and sliding notification bars with access to settings are old news. People have been pointing that out for a long time, and all I see here is a rendering attempt to make iOS a bit more functional, like Android already is. Sorry if you feel these are negative comments, but it's just the truth exposed.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Most of these point towards enhanced lockscreens and handy widgets, gaining inspiration from different features already available to user through jailbreaks
Sooo ... copying WP8 as well? It's a bad time for Apple if they are stealing ideas from jailbreakers too

Share price crashes below $300 in 3...2...1...

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
iOS has its faults, but after spending 3 months with a corporate android phone (razr maxx hd) I've found a number of android faults that I could do without too. Things like phone call volume resetting to MAX every time when I'm using earbuds with a built in mic, and volume control with only 14 steps so the lowest volume level is still too loud for quiet listening (and the dac hardware on the razr is crap too, lots of noise). How about the tendency to reset the phone and require a reconfigure when a new patch is released (tech support assures me its a 'rare' occurrance but it occurred within the first month for me). Finally there's the tendency to reboot without warning when it doesn't like something, and not provide any diagnostics information (downloaded an app for that but it's not working either). I've got zero brand loyalty to Apple (now that they've orphaned all the peripherals I bought for my 4) so trying Android made sense, but overall I wish I'd gotten the iPhone 5 instead of the Razr... I'm now on my second Razr (trying to resovle the 'reboot every hour when travelling' problem) and it's had more fundamental problems in a couple months than I had with the iPhone in 2 years.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Correct. BTW, how's Siri working on that iP4? Riiight....Which things are you referring to? AFAIK, app drawers and sliding notification bars with access to settings are old news. People have been pointing that out for a long time, and all I see here is a rendering attempt to make iOS a bit more functional, like Android already is. Sorry if you feel these are negative comments, but it's just the truth exposed.[/citation]

Making a proper critique is not the same as the trash talking that is rampant on here ;)

Actually, I agree with you on the things that iOS 7 needs. Instead of talking out of my a$$ I own both 6.1.3 and 4.2.2 - and Google needs to work on making the OS a bit more stable (I still experience more crashes on my 7 - I also experience quite a bit of sluggishness - I had to root and swap kernels to get over that. Glitches aside - improving the interface for tablets would be nice - it still feels like a large screen phone - though Samsung's newest Galaxy is getting close to the Nexus 7.

The point is both OS could use some work - You're sorry I want Key Lime Pie to improve? Wow, you must think Android is perfect and couldn't be any better... Sigh

Sent from my Nexus 7

jarred125

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I have owned many Android devices, and also many Apple devices. My current lineup is :
Nexus 4, iPad Mini, Retina Macbook Pro 13
Wife has the Galaxy S3 and an iPad 3.

I have owned several Android tablets, and find them to be a miserable experience for the most part (Nexus 7 included). The iPad has far better apps, better build quality and better battery life. However, I cannot stand the iPhone for my daily smartphone device. That being said, I will NEVER again buy another Android device that is not a Nexus. HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola (now getting away from it, but still) all crud up their devices with terrible UI's and lagging updates.

My rMBP is the best laptop I have ever owned. The build quality is supurb, along with everything else. I like to think I am a balanced person, as I have no loyalty to one brand or another, I just have a loyalty to what works best (for me). I hope they continue to produce products that drive each other to produce the best each device can be.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Girding loins for negative Android comments... (Though some can me one chuckle)I wonder why they post Apple News on this site? It brings the ire of the 'Droid fanboysSent from my Nexus 7[/citation]

TH caters to the iHaters seen by the articles they choose to post...lol.

royalcrown

Distinguished

Hey, I like apple, but am not blind...Siri plain sucks for a lot of things. I have Google Now voice search on my Ipad as well. Guess what, it gets things wrong also even though it does better. Google happens to just bring up web links for everything, it sucks at context, which is where siri does better, when it can understand that is.

Still...even though it sucks..it doesn't crash...

royalcrown

Distinguished

That'd be great if the stock crashed, then regular ppl could afford some :p

royalcrown

Distinguished

Even Android doesn't get all the features Google promises. There is a good one I wish IOS would get, the ability to map stuff on your computer then click an icon in chrome and it pushes the map/directions to your android device.

Google promised that in Jellybean and I still don't see iy on my wife's S3 anywhere.

royalcrown

Distinguished

For what it is worth, I actually like a lot of Android features, I just had to trash talk because I hate all this APPLE SUX crap from people that haven't actually owned them. I absolutely loved my EVO except for the shitty camera and battery life. I had a Galaxy S2 busted gps, horrible camera. Those problems are not android, except horrible battery life. My wife has a Galaxy S3, she loves it, but her battery life still sucks, my iphone 4 has at least double the battery life and has had the best camera until this latest crop of android phones. She still can go in the app store and find an app or 2 that doesn't work. That has never happened on an i anything.

royalcrown

Distinguished
I guess I have too much free time today. Okay Android fans, it's not that all of android just sucks, but there are things that suck about it, the reason has nothing to do with "zomg, apple is so magic." or any BS like that. Android runs in a Dalvik Virtual Machine that runs on top of the hardware. Like a tiny version of vmware that "Android" runs inside of. That is why needs so much CPU and so much BATTERY. Windows does this too, I am sure some of you know what the HAL in windows 7 is. Apple probably has to do this to a much smaller extent as their hardware is less spread out and more optimized since there is less of it, like consoles. The hardware is weak, but the software can be written specifically for it, so it runs okay.

When android phones get decent battery life then I'm in, personally I really like the HTC One come new phone time. Android has a lot of cool shit that apple wont do, I mean who doesn't like NES on their phone ?

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]d_kuhn[/nom]iOS has its faults, but after spending 3 months with a corporate android phone (razr maxx hd) I've found a number of android faults that I could do without too. Things like phone call volume resetting to MAX every time when I'm using earbuds with a built in mic, and volume control with only 14 steps so the lowest volume level is still too loud for quiet listening (and the dac hardware on the razr is crap too, lots of noise). How about the tendency to reset the phone and require a reconfigure when a new patch is released (tech support assures me its a 'rare' occurrance but it occurred within the first month for me). Finally there's the tendency to reboot without warning when it doesn't like something, and not provide any diagnostics information (downloaded an app for that but it's not working either). I've got zero brand loyalty to Apple (now that they've orphaned all the peripherals I bought for my 4) so trying Android made sense, but overall I wish I'd gotten the iPhone 5 instead of the Razr... I'm now on my second Razr (trying to resovle the 'reboot every hour when travelling' problem) and it's had more fundamental problems in a couple months than I had with the iPhone in 2 years.[/citation]
Man, oh man. Try to get some non-Razr droid.

royalcrown

Distinguished
If you get the Galaxy, be aware that the US version is a dual core and all the rest are quads, get the Note 2 if you want quad. Then hack it to get rid of Samsungs stupid swipe to zoom. Makes the screen zoom in if you just touch it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.