[SOLVED] Concern about my pc

kekohofficial

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Context: there were people trying to fix our AC and they turned off the power to the house.

So I was playing games and they turned off the power without me knowing And my computer turned off and restarting saying something about a asus anti surge, my pc just restarted and returned to normal. I just googled about how power surges can break components and electronics connected to it. I’m really worried about my computer as it is really expensive and have really high specs I don’t want it to break. Do will there be anything wrong because everything still works and the lights for the motherboard is still on. I posted in motherboard cuz it was from my motherboard and when it restarted it brought me to bios. (It’s a custom built btw) and is there anyway to check the condition/status of the hardware inside the pc through like a software. any help is appreciated !
-Keko

This was typed on phone so it’s kinda hard to understand sorry

Solution
Should be fine Everytime I've had the power go off at my house I get same warning. I wouldn't worry if as long as it starts still

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to say for certain, but I highly doubt you'll have any issues resulting from the power down and power up. I presume you live in the US and have stable power normally with no brown outs or surges.
The Asus firmware probably detected the sudden power up as a false positive.
1) Do you have your PC plugged into a (good) surge protector power strip?
2) What is the make and model of your PC's PSU?

kekohofficial

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017

yes its a apc surge arrest strip and its a evga 1000W power supply dont know the exact number

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

All good dependable devices. You needn't worry.