Mar 10, 2020
Hi everyone. I've been experiencing this problem for a long time. A couple of years ago, I got a new condenser mic which I have plugged into a phantom power supply through an XLR cable and then routed into a sound-card and then into my PC. My problem is that whenever I have the gain at a volume I'm able to hear myself at, there's an extremely loud static sound in the background. I've tried following tutorials and forums that say it could be a grounding issue but I'm not sure if that's the case. The humming / static noise only occurs when my soundcard is plugged into my PC, (which is essential). When I open audacity and start recording, the static noise is present. I then remove the mic from the sound card and it's still present. I put the mic back in and remove the headphones but I can still hear static. The problem only goes away when you completely unplug the soundcard, but I don't think the soundcard itself is the problem :/ Thanks if you're able to reply.

if you hear static from soundcard, then common problem would be poor building grounding, internal pc grounding/emi shielding issue or soundcard shielding itself
that buzzing means that it picks up electric noise
how is connected that soundcard? or atleast soundcard name?

Mar 10, 2020