[SOLVED] conflicted, confirm, content.

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
Buying an rtx 2080 super next month, which one is better?

Asus Rtx 2080 super ROG Strix OC? or Msi Rtx 2080 super gaming x trio?

Solution
My suggestion is to up the PSU wattage and be sure to purchase a quality PSU.

The other consideration/concern is the M.2 and the mix of drives you planning. Be sure about what the motherboard will support. SATA connections can be preempted by M.2 and PCIe components.

You should also visit the PC Gaming category and look for posts regarding gaming pc builds.

Lots to consider and you may find some ideas that are relevant to your plans and requirements.

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
More information needed:

What do you require from the graphic card?

What are the specs of the intended host computer?

What games and apps do you use?

Multiple screens/monitors? Monitor specs?

Start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html
I stream, I game (Triplea games), I graphic design, I edit videos and photos (Adobe), I just started pursuing programming.

Regarding my specs, they are low end right now, like i5 9400 then 4x4 ddr4 2400mhz, but im gonna be upgrading everything when i buy the card:

Psu: Corsair rm750x
Gpu: msi 1050 ti itx oc (upgrade to: either one of the cards mentioned)
Cpu/processor: Intel I5 9400f (Upgrade to: Intel I9 9900k)
Motherboard: Asus rog strix z390-f gaming
Cpu cooler: Akasa AK959CU (gonna be switched with an aio (either Asus ryujin 360, or Asus Rog strix LC 360 rgb)
Ram: 4x4 crucial ddr4 2400mhz (upgrade to: Kingston Fury 2x16 ddr4 3200mhz)
Case: Tuff gaming gt501

I also have 1 sata 250 ssd for the OS, and 1 1tb hdd for the games (seagate barracuda 5400 rpm), but im gonna buy extra storage for diffrenet purposes:

x2 M.2 nvme ssd (both samsung, 2tb for the games, 1tb for productivity)
x1 hdd (Ironwolf 6tb 7200 rpm for storing other things)

oh forgot to mention monitors,
I have 2 samsung 24 inch 1080p led monitors (will be upgraded in the future...maybe.)
And an asus VP28UQGL 28 inch 4k monitor.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion is to up the PSU wattage and be sure to purchase a quality PSU.

The other consideration/concern is the M.2 and the mix of drives you planning. Be sure about what the motherboard will support. SATA connections can be preempted by M.2 and PCIe components.

You should also visit the PC Gaming category and look for posts regarding gaming pc builds.

Lots to consider and you may find some ideas that are relevant to your plans and requirements.

Reactions: MNYCapricorn
Solution