[SOLVED] Confused with CPU temps

Dec 1, 2020
I get confused when monitoring hardware temps, I'm using HWMonitor

I wanted to monitor my CPU and GPU temps today, and this is what I get when idle/low load.

ueUlIty.png

My problem is I don't know which one to watch. Value or Max?

Value usually gives me low temps 30-39 while max much higher. Sometimes it reaches 60c in package at max but still stays very low in real time (value)

does max record like 1 spike of bad temp or what exactly? is it bad if it reached 60c max when idle while staying very low in real time (value)?

Solution
There is only 1 temperature to look at if you want to see the temperature your CPU is at right now. Or now. Or in 2 seconds. Its the current value (left column)

The minimum or maximum is not representative of your current temperature. It's only there to show you the coldest and the hottest your CPU has ever been.

Your maximum temp are pretty good actually.
Dec 1, 2020
Yes I get that, but is the above are good temps while idle?

I see my value temps are doing great but my max not so well. That's the confusing part for me! what too look at and what's the important, value or max?

There is only 1 temperature to look at if you want to see the temperature your CPU is at right now. Or now. Or in 2 seconds. Its the current value (left column)

The minimum or maximum is not representative of your current temperature. It's only there to show you the coldest and the hottest your CPU has ever been.

Your maximum temp are pretty good actually.

Solution