[SOLVED] Confusion about RAM speeds :/

Dec 31, 2019
I've recently run into memory issues on my daily-use laptop. Windows 10 memory leaks like crazy and it's leading to issues with system stability. I've been meaning to get around to upgrading, but it's just never wound up happening. I have a RAM chip that I pulled out of my old laptop (failed hard disk, the RAM itself tests okay.) , and I've resolved for new years to finally get around to upgrading it, The problem is, I can't figure out what the label on it means. The current chip is 4GB DDR3 @2133 MHz , and the chip I'm looking at installing has 4GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600S-09-10-F2 . Can anyone help me figure out the speed? I'm trying to decide if it's worth using the old chip or spending the money to get another chip at the same speed as the current one. Thanks.

Solution
I've recently run into memory issues on my daily-use laptop. Windows 10 memory leaks like crazy and it's leading to issues with system stability. I've been meaning to get around to upgrading, but it's just never wound up happening. I have a RAM chip that I pulled out of my old laptop (failed hard disk, the RAM itself tests okay.) , and I've resolved for new years to finally get around to upgrading it, The problem is, I can't figure out what the label on it means. The current chip is 4GB DDR3 @2133 MHz , and the chip I'm looking at installing has 4GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600S-09-10-F2 . Can anyone help me figure out the speed? I'm trying to decide if it's worth using the old chip or spending the money to get another chip at the same speed as...
I've recently run into memory issues on my daily-use laptop. Windows 10 memory leaks like crazy and it's leading to issues with system stability. I've been meaning to get around to upgrading, but it's just never wound up happening. I have a RAM chip that I pulled out of my old laptop (failed hard disk, the RAM itself tests okay.) , and I've resolved for new years to finally get around to upgrading it, The problem is, I can't figure out what the label on it means. The current chip is 4GB DDR3 @2133 MHz , and the chip I'm looking at installing has 4GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600S-09-10-F2 . Can anyone help me figure out the speed? I'm trying to decide if it's worth using the old chip or spending the money to get another chip at the same speed as the current one. Thanks.
Are you sure your current module is DDR3 and not DDR4? The other module is a Samsung brand at 1333Mhz 1.5v. If your current module is indeed 2133Mhz, you will be stuck at 1333Mhz if you install the other 4GB module if it even works. Use a program like CPU-Z to get the module information of your 2133Mhz module if you don't already have the information.

Solution
Dec 31, 2019
Are you sure your current module is DDR3 and not DDR4? The other module is a Samsung brand at 1333Mhz 1.5v. If your current module is indeed 2133Mhz, you will be stuck at 1333Mhz if you install the other 4GB module if it even works. Use a program like CPU-Z to get the module information of your 2133Mhz module if you don't already have the information.
I think I might even just treat myself and get two 8 sticks. Never have to worry about this again and also be able to play games. It just doesn't seem worth it to mix them at this point. And my other module is actually DDR4 For whatever reason I thought it was DDR3. You're right, CPU-Z is great.