[SOLVED] Connect to Monitor

Feb 21, 2020
Hey everyone,
So I just got a Acer EB321HQ monitor and wanted to hook up my laptop via HDMI. Now at first when I connected it was just stuck on a boot loop. The acer logo would come on and then off, then on and again off. So I thought there was an issue with the monitor. So I hooked up my dad's laptop and it worked fine. Then I updated all the display drivers and all and still nothing.

So to make sure that my port worked I connected to my TV and it work fine. Right after that I connected it back to the monitor and it WORKED!!. I was surprised. So I decided to run a test and restart my system and have it connected to the acer monitor. Once it started up the monitor was again stuck on the boot loop. So then I connected to the tv and then the monitor and it worked again.

My Question is, is there some sort of power option that doesn't let my HDMI connect to the monitor automatically the first time? I feel like there is some sort of setting that I have on within my laptop that make it do this stupid thing. Please let me know and thanks in advance

Solution
a lower revision HDMI cable shouldn't disable the system's ability to detect the monitor, it should only limit it's capabilities(refresh rate, resolution, HDR, etc).
but you could try setting the monitor to a lower refresh rate(</=60Hz) through it's built in control panel and see if it makes any difference upon reboot.

also, maybe try contacting Acer directly through chat or phone and see if they have any reason why you may be experiencing this issue.
a lower revision HDMI cable shouldn't disable the system's ability to detect the monitor, it should only limit it's capabilities(refresh rate, resolution, HDR, etc).
but you could try setting the monitor to a lower refresh rate(</=60Hz) through it's built in control panel and see if it makes any difference upon reboot.

also, maybe try contacting Acer directly through chat or phone and see if they have any reason why you may be experiencing this issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS