[SOLVED] Connect USB headphone in monitor

Mar 17, 2021
Hey guys, i currently have a monitor with no USB ports that i use for my PC, PS5 and Nintendo Switch which have the following ports:

My problem is that, at the moment, whenever i want to switch from my PC to PS5 or Nintendo Switch or vice-versa i need to unplug my headphone receiver (Logitech G533, picture above) from my PC and plug into my PS5.

One solution i thought would be to find a Headphone jack to USB adapter, so i could plug the receiver directly in my monitor and dont need to keep switching it anymore.

Would it be possible? I've look through quite a few adapters and none of them seems to work.

Mar 17, 2021
does the port next to the monitor's DC power not allow audio over USB?
Don't think so, its labeled as "SERVICE" which probably means that it could be used for firmware update.

I've tried plugging in the receiver and while it flashes just like its working, i get no sound at all from it.

Mar 17, 2021
I don't have a USB port to plug that in. Sadly the product (my monitor) specs tells that, no USB ports, that service port must be for only input (like a firmware update). Thats why i'm thinking about some sort of adapter for the headphone jack to usb, but i only found those that work in cars, where you can plug your pendrive,ipod,cellphone to play music and those dont work the other way around.

Mar 17, 2021
I don't have a USB port to plug that in. Sadly the product specs tells that, no USB ports, that service port must be for only input (like a firmware update). Thats why i'm thinking about some sort of adapter for the headphone jack to usb.
a type of converter like sizzling linked should have 2x USB output,
one for the PC & one for the PS5.

this way the headset can be connected to both at all times.
you wouldn't need the monitor to be involved.
Oh my, now i understood. Thank you very much to both of you.

I'll try it

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

ASK THE COMMUNITY