[SOLVED] Connect USB headphone in monitor

Reizek

Prominent
Mar 17, 2021
Hey guys, i currently have a monitor with no USB ports that i use for my PC, PS5 and Nintendo Switch which have the following ports:

120869-5-Monitor_LED_28pol_Samsung_LU28R550UQLMZD_IPS_UHD_4K_60Hz_HDMI_DP_P2_Freesync_120869.jpg

My problem is that, at the moment, whenever i want to switch from my PC to PS5 or Nintendo Switch or vice-versa i need to unplug my headphone receiver (Logitech G533, picture above) from my PC and plug into my PS5.

31O-sHwWpoL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

One solution i thought would be to find a Headphone jack to USB adapter, so i could plug the receiver directly in my monitor and dont need to keep switching it anymore.

Would it be possible? I've look through quite a few adapters and none of them seems to work.

Reizek

Prominent
Mar 17, 2021

I don't have a USB port to plug that in. Sadly the product (my monitor) specs tells that, no USB ports, that service port must be for only input (like a firmware update). Thats why i'm thinking about some sort of adapter for the headphone jack to usb, but i only found those that work in cars, where you can plug your pendrive,ipod,cellphone to play music and those dont work the other way around.

Reizek

Prominent
Mar 17, 2021
I don't have a USB port to plug that in. Sadly the product specs tells that, no USB ports, that service port must be for only input (like a firmware update). Thats why i'm thinking about some sort of adapter for the headphone jack to usb.
a type of converter like sizzling linked should have 2x USB output,
one for the PC & one for the PS5.

this way the headset can be connected to both at all times.
you wouldn't need the monitor to be involved.

Oh my, now i understood. Thank you very much to both of you.

I'll try it

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost