Question Connecting multiple aRGB components through 2 Hubs

Mar 8, 2024
Im new to building with rgb lighting and I’ve got the following parts that have aRGB:
  • 3x Light Wings 140mm highspeed
  • 1x Dark Rock elite
  • 1x Asus Rog Strix 4080 Super (Unsure if this has a separate aRGB cable)
Technically the case (Dark Base 701) has it too but it has its own connection already set up on the preinstalled fan hub.

The preinstalled fan hub has one aRGB in and two aRGB out headers. The light wings also come with a RGB hub (One aRGB in, 6x aRGB out) and are daisy chainable. Both hubs use SATA power.

What is the best way to connect my aRGB devices to the single aRGB header on my mb (Asus Rog Strix z790-e gaming wifi ii). Is it a bad idea to connect the two hubs together?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Asus Rog Strix z790-e gaming wifi ii
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II
Page 1-2, your motherboard has 3x ARGB headers, you can hook two devices sans the hubs. The RTX4080 will be managed by Armory Crate, Asus's proprietary software.

According to the manual for your Light Wings fans, the hub will allow you to hook up to 6x ARGB fans. So that means you can have your 3x case fans and the 2x cooler fans on one hub. The hub can then hook to one header on your motherboard.

Reactions: mozz_a
Mar 8, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Asus Rog Strix z790-e gaming wifi ii
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/ROG_STRIX_Z790-E_GAMING_WIFI_II/E22929_ROG_STRIX_Z790-E_GAMING_WIFI_II_EM_V3_WEB.pdf?model=ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II
Page 1-2, your motherboard has 3x ARGB headers, you can hook two devices sans the hubs. The RTX4080 will be managed by Armory Crate, Asus's proprietary software.

According to the manual for your Light Wings fans, the hub will allow you to hook up to 6x ARGB fans. So that means you can have your 3x case fans and the 2x cooler fans on one hub. The hub can then hook to one header on your motherboard.
Hi, thanks for the swift reply! I see now that I missed those 3 aRGB headers in the manual as I was focused on the Aura Header but this makes things way easier. I think I’ll have the fans on the hub and the cooler directly on the board (the cooler has a top argb panel, not 2 argb fans).

Just out of curiosity. Do you know if connecting the aRGB hub input to the output of the preinstalled fan hub would be a bad idea or totally fine? Essentially is it a good idea to chain hubs?