Connecting PC to TV via DVI-HDMI

Jazz16

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hey does anyone know here why i cannot connect my pc to tv? I have one DVI port and i have connected it from back of monitor to the hdmi in my tv but as i go to "input" there is nothing on the display page, and when i try to multiple a monitor it doesnt recognise my TV, is it because i only have 1 graphics card? I cannot use a VGA to hdmi back of tv either because i only have one VGA that is already connected from back of monitor to the PC tower. I have tried several things but just, dont know the problem, if anyone knows the problem can you please contact me asap, you can also email me at z8games74@hotmail.com, thank you very much!

Could be the DVI to HDMI converter you are using, make sure you have a good active one. A single video card, if you have two outputs on it, should be able to detect two monitors.

You can't just use any DVI to HDMI cable, they are only useful for certain applications and may only work with certain type of DVI connections.

It will probably be simpler and maybe cheaper to just guy a video card with an HDMI connection on it. Just don't get one at a box store, they will have a very small selection, will be often outdated and at 2-3 times market prices. They like to sell old slow cards at the price they were 8 years ago.