[SOLVED] Constant BSODs, 100% SSD usage, please help!

prismagon69

Commendable
Feb 4, 2019
Hey everyone,
My PC has been crashing and encountering blue screens on a daily basis for the past month and a half. It's only now that I've gotten desperate enough to ask others for help.

I've gotten all types of errors from corrupt system files to kernel inpage errors(the most recent error I've encountered)
I've ran chkdsk about 15 times, tries sfc scannow commands multiple times, which only worked for a few days and then started crashing again.
I also reseated both my RAMs, checked the SSD connections, which also helped, but only temporarily.
In event viewer I'm getting 0x0000007a errors and tens of thousands of disk errors. My SSD is running at 100% the first 15 minutes after startup.
It may be worth noting that these errors started after installing very unstable mods in The Witcher 3, which caused the first BSODs.
My SSD has 25GB free.

My specs:
I5-7400
GTX 1050 Ti
2x4Gb Kingston HyperX 2133MHz
Kingston 120GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD
550W PSU

I know this is a lot of information that can be easily summed up as me being utterly doomed, but as I said, I can't find out how to fix this.
Any help or ideas what's causing this are very appreciated.

Solution
maybe check health of ssd with - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a...

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe check health of ssd with - https://www.kingston.com/en/support/technical/ssdmanager

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
120gb ssd is getting a little small for windows now days, if drive is throwing lots of errors you might be best replacing it with a bigger one, 250gb or more. Windows won't use it all but gives space to move.

kernel inpage errors are page file, page file is on ssd

Solution

TRENDING THREADS