[SOLVED] Constant BSODs, don't know what to do. Please help. :(

Jul 13, 2020
Hello everyone,
Hope you are doing well.

I am wondering if you can help me. I am constantly getting BSODs in particular WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and I don't know why. I get it mostly when playing games but I also get it almost as often from just watching YouTube or browsing the internet.

This came about around a month ago and happens almost every 3-4 hours. I thought this had something to do with the latest Windows update but it doesn't seem to be as I went back from updates and it is still doing it.

Here is some more information:

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071320-27953-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x0000000000000000)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80157EA5180, 0x0)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval. This can be caused by non-responding hardware or by a overheated CPU (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
Google query: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x48188)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFE60311C61028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

No idea what hal.dll is or means. I searched it up but I couldn't find much information on it.

Can anybody help me please? :( Would be greatly appreciated! All these BSODs are messing my work up.

Many thanks,
Ryan

Solution
Tried updating BIOS on motherboard?
That unknown module in 1st error could show you have an older bios. could fix whea errors.
Try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
Remove any overclocks
what else is in PC? what drives do you have?

can you go to c:/windows/minidump
copy any minidump files to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show a link here.

hal.dll = hardware abstraction layer. Its a part of windows that talks to hardware
WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture. Other files normally blamed for whea errors are ntoskrnl which is part of the windows kernel. Its very rare it will actually show a driver name...
Jul 13, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

check cpu/gpu temp?
ran memory test?

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (Not Overclocked)
PSU: EVGA 750 GOLD PSU

What do you reckon is the best programs to check CPU/GPU temperatures and RAM accurately? I have used some programs but have got various opinions saying the programs I use aren't reliable.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Tried updating BIOS on motherboard?
That unknown module in 1st error could show you have an older bios. could fix whea errors.
Try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool
Remove any overclocks
what else is in PC? what drives do you have?

can you go to c:/windows/minidump
copy any minidump files to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing website and show a link here.

hal.dll = hardware abstraction layer. Its a part of windows that talks to hardware
WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture. Other files normally blamed for whea errors are ntoskrnl which is part of the windows kernel. Its very rare it will actually show a driver name.

Clock watchdog and WHEA are both hardware errors but can also be caused by drivers.

Solution