Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2024
I recently built a PC with the following specs;
TUF GAMING GTX 1660 TI 6gb
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC rev 1.3
32 gb DDR4 RAM
1tb timetec SSD
ESGAMING 750w PSU (I could have gotten something better, just didn't know what was best at the time)

So, the problem is that whenever I try playing a game, I crash almost immediately after loading into a world. I check crash dumps and it says this 'error_code: The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s'

I've tried the following:
Clean installing NVIDIA drivers
Factory resetting
Different OS (Windows 10 -> Windows 11)
BIOS update

None of that worked. When I crash, I notice different colored squares in random parts of the screen, then everything goes black for a few seconds. Almost like my GPU is resetting itself. Once my screen turns on again, every one of my apps are blank. Some apps, like Discord, just close without a trace.

This issue has persisted ever since the first time that I turned on the PC. I would like to note that I am using an old SSD BUT I factory reset it so I am not too sure if the drivers could be to blame here.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

ESGAMING 750w PSU (I could have gotten something better, just didn't know what was best at the time)
Replace this unit with something that's reliably built and see if the issue persists.

Different OS (Windows 10 -> Windows 11)
Where did you source the installers for your OSes?

BIOS update
What BIOS version are you on at this moment of time and did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version?

I would like to note that I am using an old SSD BUT I factory reset it so I am not too sure if the drivers could be to blame here.
Reinstall your OS from scratch, after recreating your bootable USB installer for the OS, in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers that are the latest version on your platform before connecting to the internet to update the OS.

Mar 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer! ESGAMING 750w PSU (I could have gotten something better, just didn't know what was best at the time) Replace this unit with something that's reliably built and see if the issue persists. Different OS (Windows 10 -> Windows 11) Where did you source the installers for your OSes? BIOS update What BIOS version are you on at this moment of time and did you clear the CMOS after verifying your BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version? I would like to note that I am using an old SSD BUT I factory reset it so I am not too sure if the drivers could be to blame here. Reinstall your OS from scratch, after recreating your bootable USB installer for the OS, in offline mode, then manually install all relevant drivers that are the latest version on your platform before connecting to the internet to update the OS.

The source was from a cloud reinstall. My BIOS version is F17. I cannot replace the PSU or reinstall the OS with a boot drive at this moment.

My GPU utilization shows a string of numbers 4294967295 after one of these crashes View: https://imgur.com/a/ud53GFB

I have the following errors in event viewer:

1. The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
000020c2 00001924 00000cee 00000d0c 00001f63 000222d0 010222d0 00000004

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video3
UCodeReset TDR occurred on GPUID:600

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

\Device\Video3
Resetting TDR occurred on GPUID:600

\Device\Video3
Reset TDR occurred on GPUID:600

\Device\Video3
Restarting TDR occurred on GPUID:600

6. (warning) Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Mar 27, 2024
In reliability history, I find this:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 117

Mar 27, 2024
New error:

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Error code: 3 (subcode 2)
(pid=7088 tid=13912 javaw.exe 64bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

Happens when I crash. I put my GPU in another PCIe slot which seems to have slightly helped the issue as I only crash in certain circumstances (e.g. furmark).

Status
Not open for further replies.