[SOLVED] Constant DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs.

Oct 11, 2020
Hi all.

I'm truly at my wit's end here trying to figure this out. I've been experiencing constant BSODs on this machine. Thought it was my RAM, so I set it to factory settings and ran memtest86, no errors in 4 passes. Tick that off.

So, I just do the nuclear option and reinstall Windows 10 completely. That hasn't done anything. Now I'm getting near constant DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors. I've updated all my drivers from my motherboard's website.

Here are my specs:
  • ASUS TUF X570 Plus WIFI
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM
  • AMD Ryzen 3600
  • MSI Armor RTX 2070
Here's a zip file with all my DMPs.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lcn0sjEnTmq1PR0Wro6TBXQQwMtUjdKm/view?usp=sharing

I really would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you for taking the time to read through this.

Solution
I think I actually ended up fixing it. It hasn't BSOD'd in over 48 hours under normal use, like it has been. I reseated my CPU, reapplied thermal paste, turned off Fast Boot, and have been running a Clean Boot. Also changed my CurrentControlSet\Services\AmdPPM\DWORD\Start setting in the registry from 3 to 4. One of these things did something.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i will get someone to read dumps for me. Given crashes actually say they are driver irq errors it would seem likely they are drivers but you never can tell.

I can see some Crucial ram on this list but Asus could have ordered it more logically - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...or_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors_X570_0722.pdf

the dumps should hopefully tell me what ram sticks you have more accurately. Having sticks that match motherboard is pretty important with ryzen.

Oct 11, 2020
i will get someone to read dumps for me. Given crashes actually say they are driver irq errors it would seem likely they are drivers but you never can tell.

I can see some Crucial ram on this list but Asus could have ordered it more logically - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...or_3rd_Gen_AMD_Ryzen_Processors_X570_0722.pdf

the dumps should hopefully tell me what ram sticks you have more accurately. Having sticks that match motherboard is pretty important with ryzen.

My RAM's model number is BL2K8G36C16U4W. Should've been more specific. It's not on my motherboard's QVL, but Crucial advertises this ram as completely compatible with Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My RAM's model number is BL2K8G36C16U4W. Should've been more specific. It's not on my motherboard's QVL, but Crucial advertises this ram as completely compatible with Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

I am not sure that is enough but I have asked for guidance as I know Ryzen is picky with ram, and I am not sure that just cause its advertised to work with the CPU, if that is the right thing to compare it too.

I will get back to you on that.

I am still waiting on someone to convert the dumps, I am not sure what delay is.

edit:

validation needs to happen based on motherboard, PLUS the CPU model in some cases, like with the Intel platforms that support only up to 2666mhz for some i3 and i5 models but support up to 2933mhz for higher tiered i7 and i9s.

It seems Crucial don't do it right, they should be confirming it works with CPU and Motherboard. Not just the CPU.

Its not something that is advertised clearly but needs to be, Ryzen ram needs to work with the motherboard or you have problems.

Now before we get too far, no one has actually read the dumps yet. I did ask someone too... but they have their own things to do.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020
It seems Crucial don't do it right, they should be confirming it works with CPU and Motherboard. Not just the CPU.

Its not something that is advertised clearly but needs to be, Ryzen ram needs to work with the motherboard or you have problems.

Now before we get too far, no one has actually read the dumps yet. I did ask someone too... but they have their own things to do.

The weird thing is, the 8GB modules come up as not compatible with my motherboard when I run it through the compatibility checker on their website:

SeMSlCc.png

While the 16GB modules of the exact same RAM say they're compatible:

LLEq48z.png

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/z9ynaLu6/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:101120-8140-01.dmp (Oct 11 2020 - 14:25:53)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 19 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:101120-8093-01.dmp (Oct 11 2020 - 17:49:18)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:101120-8078-01.dmp (Oct 11 2020 - 17:58:52)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 21 Sec(s)

File information:100920-8531-01.dmp (g s ss * In - on:ti:e:)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Grim Dawn.exe)
Uptime:13419 Day(s), 13 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:100920-7859-01.dmp (Oct 9 2020 - 16:27:09)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/
You have the latest BIOS installed, version 2607.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Reactions: bishibosh

gardenman

Splendid
Colif should reply sometime later today. Until then, here's results for the new 5 dumps: https://jsfiddle.net/4becvgpj/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:101320-8062-01.dmp (Oct 13 2020 - 15:29:51)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File information:101320-8046-01.dmp (Oct 13 2020 - 15:55:45)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:101220-8171-01.dmp (Oct 12 2020 - 18:39:38)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Grim Dawn.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 26 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:101120-5718-01.dmp (Oct 12 2020 - 00:33:59)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for zttap300.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: zerotier-one_x64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:101120-29531-01.dmp (Oct 12 2020 - 00:29:23)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvrtxvad64v.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA RTX Voice.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Oct 13, 2020
I have exactly the same problems. Also created a thread on here.

My latest attempt (Just over 48hrs old) was to go back to Win10 1903 (had one crash after 4ish hours), turn off Windows updates, use a third party program to update all other drivers, then disable 'Fast Boot' in BIOS and then, most importantly I think, disable 'Fast Start-Up' in power options in Control Panel.

This last step is the only step I haven't tried before, and so far I have over 24 hours with no crashes. By far the longest amount of time in weeks. No idea whatsoever why this should make a difference.

Oct 11, 2020
I think I actually ended up fixing it. It hasn't BSOD'd in over 48 hours under normal use, like it has been. I reseated my CPU, reapplied thermal paste, turned off Fast Boot, and have been running a Clean Boot. Also changed my CurrentControlSet\Services\AmdPPM\DWORD\Start setting in the registry from 3 to 4. One of these things did something.

Solution