[SOLVED] Constant Exception Access Violation crashes in all games (0xC0000005) after fresh windows 11 install

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
About a week ago I did a clean install of windows 11 on my PC due to having major random studdering issues most likely due to the multitude of random things I used and installed when I was younger. after getting the fresh system up and running with official drivers I went to play some of my game (I did not format my game drives due to the large size and the multitude of large mod projects [might be the cause of issues?]) and quickly started to run into Exception Access Violations in almost all games specifically 0xC0000005 and I have also encountered 0xC0000007 a couple of times which never happened on my old windows install. I have been personally troubleshooting the problem for around a week (reinstalling video drivers with DDU, Ram hardware check (passed no issues), reinstalling games, running sfc /scannow (it found 3 errors and fixed them not sure how they happened in the first place or what that might imply), checking for driver updates (Nvidia GPU drivers, AMD Chipset Drivers, BIOS, and Windows updates), ran both hardware and software troubleshooter (It found some issues and fixed them)) and at this point have close to no idea of how I might fix this issues without a fresh windows install

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (No overclock)
Motherboard: Arous B450 M (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-M-rev-1x#kf)
Ram: 4 x 16GB Vengeance Pro at 3200MHz (Xmp on) (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...ngeance-RGB-PRO-SL-Black/p/CMH32GX4M2E3200C16)
SSD/HDD: 1. (windows drive no corruption) Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
  1. WDC WDBNCE001PNC 1TB
  2. CT1000MX500SSD4 1TB
GPU: EVGA FTW 3 RTX 3060 TI
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Chassis: Corsair 220 T
Monitor: 1. Dell 27 gaming monitor s2721dgf (at 165 HZ G-Sync on)
2. HP 25X (at 144 HZ G-Sync on)

Solution
Thank you for the suggestion
I just checked both of the drives, and ownership is already set to System for both of them along with the administrator and user accounts both being present. if you have any other ideas please send them over. (also should it have special permissions turned on as it is the only thing turned off at the current moment) (just checked the owner of all the subfolder's pre-new windows and it is whatever this is (S-1-5-21-1065951709-3726829646-576916199-1001) so this may be the culprit but that's just a guess as if I make a new folder it is under different ownership and not the aforementioned string of text)
(S-1-5-21-1065951709-3726829646-576916199-1001) thats your old windows account, switch owner to...
if youre reusing game drives on another windows installation, then you might have file permission issues

open file explorer, and open properties of your game drive, switch to security tab
add administrator and your user account there if not present already
ownership should be set to SYSTEM account

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
if youre reusing game drives on another windows installation, then you might have file permission issues

open file explorer, and open properties of your game drive, switch to security tab
add administrator and your user account there if not present already
ownership should be set to SYSTEM account
I just checked both of the drives, and ownership is already set to System for both of them along with the administrator and user accounts both being present. if you have any other ideas please send them over. (also should it have special permissions turned on as it is the only thing turned off at the current moment) (just checked the owner of all the subfolder's pre-new windows and it is whatever this is (S-1-5-21-1065951709-3726829646-576916199-1001) so this may be the culprit but that's just a guess as if I make a new folder it is under different ownership and not the aforementioned string of text)

Last edited:
(S-1-5-21-1065951709-3726829646-576916199-1001) thats your old windows account, switch owner to current system acount, you can do it on all files on drive

HdwtTVg.png

once you click it and save it, all files will update permission to what you set there,
if you change ownership, you will need to do it twice
first will get applied owner, then permission entries will get updated

set owner -> save to all files, exit it, open security again, update permission for you accounts click to update on all files, exit it,
you can use mine picture as template

edit: updated picture with change owner to all files//folders on drive

Last edited:
Solution

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
(S-1-5-21-1065951709-3726829646-576916199-1001) thats your old windows account, switch owner to current system acount, you can do it on all files on drive

HdwtTVg.png

once you click it and save it, all files will update permission to what you set there,
if you change ownership, you will need to do it twice
first will get applied owner, then permission entries will get updated

set owner -> save to all files, exit it, open security again, update permission for you accounts click to update on all files, exit it,
you can use mine picture as template

edit: updated picture with change owner to all files//folders on drive
I was able to get the ownership swapped over to system (did the process twice and restarted) and still encountered the crash while playing cyberpunk. however a detail i noticed was when i did a fresh install of no mans sky (no crashes) it is listed under my Microsoft account as the folder owner but i am unable to set it as the owner with a direct copy paste of the name. and am considering a fresh format of the drive and just doing some light reinstalling as that is preferable to it not working at all. I have also begun to run into a corrupted Recycle Bin on both the drives error. (Update) found a way to swap owner to the same one as fresh no mans sky folder and currently testing on cyberpunk after swapping owner ship.

Last edited:

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
I was able to get the ownership swapped over to system (did the process twice and restarted) and still encountered the crash while playing cyberpunk. however a detail i noticed was when i did a fresh install of no man's sky (no crashes) it is listed under my Microsoft account as the folder owner but i am unable to set it as the owner with a direct copy paste of the name. and am considering a fresh format of the drive and just doing some light reinstalling as that is preferable to it not working at all. I have also begun to run into a corrupted Recycle Bin on both the drives error. (Update) found a way to swap owner to the same one as fresh no mans sky folder and currently testing on cyberpunk after swapping owner ship.
Thank you for the idea of messing with the file ownership as I have seemed to fix the issue. but alas I now am running into GPU Dx12 crashes instead and so far only in cyberpunk if you have any knowledge about such a topic I will include the related error screenshot below any ideas will be greatly appreciated and I will close this thread in a couple of days if it goes dead.

Last edited:
Thank you for the idea of messing with the file ownership as I have seemed to fix the issue. but alas I now am running into GPU Dx12 crashes instead and so far only in cyberpunk if you have any knowledge about such a topic I will include the related error screenshot below any ideas will be greatly appreciated and I will close this thread in a couple of days if it goes dead.

The exception Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)
There are possible reasons for the problem, and they include

• Malware attacks
  • Problematic Windows updates
  • Outdated device drivers
  • Malfunctioning hard disk sectors
  • Missing or corrupted system files
  • Corrupt or missing game files

cyberpunk was reinstalled?
try DDU on gpu drivers, then install new

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
The exception Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)
There are possible reasons for the problem, and they include

• Malware attacks
  • Problematic Windows updates
  • Outdated device drivers
  • Malfunctioning hard disk sectors
  • Missing or corrupted system files
  • Corrupt or missing game files
cyberpunk was reinstalled?
try DDU on gpu drivers, then install new
Thank you for the ideas
I believe that is most likely missing or corrupted DirectX 12 files as new crashes have appeared in other DX12 games and continue to happen in cyberpunk after DDU and a reinstall. although I'm not sure how to get rid of and replace your DX12 files.

Rimp2284

Prominent
Sep 29, 2021
Thank you for the ideas
I believe that is most likely missing or corrupted DirectX 12 files as new crashes have appeared in other DX12 games and continue to happen in cyberpunk after DDU and a reinstall. although I'm not sure how to get rid of and replace your DX12 files.
Access exception errors have popped back up guessing that it's due to windows 11 pro I might roll back normal win 11 or win 10 :/ (side note the game updated from 1.6 to 1.61 and might have caused it) (I Rolled back to windows 10 and that has fixed everything :/)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS