[SOLVED] Constant freezing while running DAW applications ?

Nov 10, 2021
My friend's computer constantly freezes while running DAW applications. He uses a

Ryzen 5 3400G processor
Asus Prime B450M-K Mobo
2x8gig DDR4 2666mhz RAM
GTX 1650 Amp Core 4G DDR6 GPU
1tb SSD
2tb HDD
500w+80 PSU
Windows 10 v.21H1

Latest mobo bios and chipset drivers update, latest nvidia gtx drivers. Everything is ready to support the latest Windows 11 operating system.

What is the problem, is there any solution?

Thanks for the solution and suggestions.
🙏🙏🙏

Solution
This computer belongs to friend of mine (housemate) for use in creating music/songs, as well as for playing games. We use CPUID HWMonitor v1.44.0 for system monitoring. The idle temperature for the cpu is 38°C and will increase to 68°C when playing games. As for the GPU, the idle temperature is 37°C and will increase to around 68-73 °C when playing heavy games. We did not install a liquid cooler, only installed 3 additional fans.

The PSU brand is Cooler Master ELITE V4 500

Thank you for your response, sir
Does he have any difficulty playing games?

Is this problem of recent onset?

You might try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers. Use DDU to do a clean and complete un-install of the old drivers and settings...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of the PSU? 500W is the advertised wattage of the unit while 80+ is it's advertised efficiency rating. What BIOS version is your friend's motherboard on at the time of writing? I'd advise on staying away from Windows 11 for the time being, until all bugs have been ironed out.

On second thoughts, is your motherboard's boot option set to UEFI(CSM disabled)?

Reactions: Harry Mayer
Nov 10, 2021

What is the make and model of the PSU? 500W is the advertised wattage of the unit while 80+ is it's advertised efficiency rating. What BIOS version is your friend's motherboard on at the time of writing? I'd advise on staying away from Windows 11 for the time being, until all bugs have been ironed out.

On second thoughts, is your motherboard's boot option set to UEFI(CSM disabled)?

Thanks...

PC's Specifications

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400g
(operate on auto, not overclocking)
M.Board : Asus Prime B450M-K
RAM : Apacer DDR4 2666 (2x8g dual chnl)
PSU : Cooler Master ELITE V4 500
Zotac Amp Core nVidia GTX 1650 SSD : Patriot
HDD : Hitachi
O.S : Windows 10 v21H1
Bios version : 3211
nVidia GTX drivers version : 471.68
CSM : Enable
24" LED Monitor Display
50Wx2 Studio Monitor Speaker
Saffire Pro40 Audio Interface
Steinberg UR22-C Audio Interface

Nov 10, 2021
Idle and load temperature of CPU and GPU?

Brand and model PSU?

Idle and load temperature of CPU and GPU?

Brand and model PSU?

This computer belongs to friend of mine (housemate) for use in creating music/songs, as well as for playing games. We use CPUID HWMonitor v1.44.0 for system monitoring. The idle temperature for the cpu is 38°C and will increase to 68°C when playing games. As for the GPU, the idle temperature is 37°C and will increase to around 68-73 °C when playing heavy games. We did not install a liquid cooler, only installed 3 additional fans.

You might try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers. Use DDU to do a clean and complete un-install of the old drivers and settings before re-installing. It's not that difficult.

Also, do a CMOS reset, especially if it's never been done.

I'm unfamiliar with the audio interface units. If they require software drivers to be installed on your system there may be an incompatibility with one or more of the motherboard's drivers or even the HDMI audio drivers for the iGPU in the 3400g or your discrete GPU. You might try uninstalling any drivers or software provided by the motherboard mfr. and use Windows' default drivers for audio and LAN.

Reactions: Harry Mayer
Solution
Nov 10, 2021

You might try doing a clean re-install of the GPU drivers. Use DDU to do a clean and complete un-install of the old drivers and settings before re-installing. It's not that difficult.

Also, do a CMOS reset, especially if it's never been done.

I'm unfamiliar with the audio interface units. If they require software drivers to be installed on your system there may be an incompatibility with one or more of the motherboard's drivers or even the HDMI audio drivers for the iGPU in the 3400g or your discrete GPU. You might try uninstalling any drivers or software provided by the motherboard mfr. and use Windows' default drivers for audio and LAN.

No, running other applications or playing games is ok, no problem. The problem is only when running the Digital Audio Workstation-DAW application.

Nov 10, 2021

Sir,
What will happen if CSM is enabled or disabled?

Owh..
So which is best, enabled or disabled?
OK...CSM mode should be disabled to get the full benefit of a UEFI and secure boot for optimal security and protection against viruses. Also, along with enabling the fTPM, to be compatible with Windows 11.

But some applications and hardwares....especially if older...are not compatible with either UEFI or secure boot. That may be the case with your audio interface hardware and the software used to run it, you'd have to check with the mfr's support web site to find that out.

Nov 10, 2021
OK...CSM mode should be disabled to get the full benefit of a UEFI and secure boot for optimal security and protection against viruses. Also, along with enabling the fTPM, to be compatible with Windows 11.

But some applications and hardwares....especially if older...are not compatible with either UEFI or secure boot. That may be the case with your audio interface hardware and the software used to run it, you'd have to check with the mfr's support web site to find that out.

Tqvm sir for the clear explanation. 🙏
We will try it on a future project.