Constant Loop of errors in windows 8.1

Oct 15, 2018
So, I just built a PC with windows 8.1 (yes, 8.1) and I can't connect to the internet because I don't have the drivers for my network adapters, and when I try to Install drivers, wether I've downloaded them using another PC, or picked one of the ones on the computer already, it just says "The system cannot find the file specified". But, I don't think the drivers need to be installed, Because the device manager error code says "windows cannot load the drivers" not "Drivers are not installed" pls help

Oct 15, 2018

No, this build does not have a wireless adapter. I have a PCI-E Ethernet Network card from TP-Link in there, as well as the port on the motherboard... they both don't work. Today has been a constant loop of fails and half successes that don't work trying to install Realtek and TP link drivers. Here's another question... is this an OS based issue that would be instantly irradicated by an update to Windows 10?

My Motherboard is an MSI Z370-A-Pro

I did literally just take the hard drive out of an old system and put it in this one as to not have to transfer files over, and the old computer (and the new one) will not update, it always fails.

I could tolerate the system if it couldn't find a driver for the TP-Link device but the basic Motherboard variety would have worked in XP Home without a problem. It would be worth removing the TP from the slot and see if that reduces the system's confusion.

Now I've only just fallen in to the fact that it wasn't new installation. That would confuse it so yes, a fresh W10 would do the trick if you get the download the ISO from Microsoft's website. It won't upgrade the system on the hard disk so use a different one or expect your 8.1 to be wiped clean.

Use a utility named Rufus to make a memory stick or USB thumb drive bootable and start the machine with that. The installation process will follow.