Constant ping spikes while in online game.

D14BL0

Commendable
Jul 31, 2017
I am desperate with this issue because it's been bothering me for 7 months now. I called many times my ISP and every time they say that everything is ok. But as soon as i start any kind of Online Game, in that moment my ping jumpst like on a trampoline, i get normal 10 to 25 ping and then BOOM 400 and back to 20 ; This keeps happening all the time regardless the day time. I tried to change the antenna cable of my ISP, nothing changed. I changed router, still the same issue. The weird thing is that when doing a speed test with high pings in game, the actual ping is low, like i had 300 ping in a game and 20 on the speed test. While doing a CMD test though i saw great spikes in response, like it almost hit 1000 PING but only for a few seconds after the game has been closed, after that on idle is perfectly normal. This also gives me another issue, packet loss, that regardless what i do, keeps coming. Either on up od dl while i use my internet connection. Even after a MOBO change and system format the problem still persists and i can't find a fix for it.

Ralston18

Titan
What ISP and service are you using? Satellite: ("I tried to change the antenna cable of my ISP".)

Makd and model router?

Do any other devices on your network have similar spiking problems?

More details needed.

D14BL0

Commendable
Jul 31, 2017
1 Im in italy and i use an indipendent ISP, and i use a small receiver on my roof to connect with their main antenna.
2 I had a netis router and now a mikrotic and the issue is the same with every one of them.
3 Im not sure but probably yes as the connection that i use is by cable, i tried to split my connection speed to have at least 1.3MB/s on my pc (the ISP's are terrible here) but even that doesn't seem to help.

Ralston18

Titan
What exactly did you do with respect to " i tried to split my connection speed to have at least 1.3MB/s on my pc"...?

Have you checked the cables and connections on the roof? Look for signs of physical damage; e.g., corrosion, bent or kinked cables, and so forth?

Only do that if you can safely do so. No climbing about without proper ladders and safeguards.

If you cannot safely access the antenna and cables call the ISP and have them come and check. They may need to realign the antenna or even replace it.

D14BL0

Commendable
Jul 31, 2017
I replaced the antenna 3 times and the cable that goes from it to the router has been changed too due to damage. And by splitting i mean that im using a software to limit the maximum connection that can be taken from the total bandwith per device.

Ralston18

Titan
Will set aside a possible hardware issue for the moment....

Disable the "splitting" software (name?) and do some tests without it.

Just one device by itself, then two devices, etc.. Keep everything else constant.

Then reenable the splitting software and repeat the tests.

Software may work, for example, with two devices but not three. Or some particular combination of devices.

Ralston18

Titan
Sort of out of ideas for the moment.

You could try doing some pings, pathpings, and tracerts to various websites such as Google and then try the gaming sites.

Look for delays within your network, between you and your ISP, and then beyond your ISP.

TRENDING THREADS