Question Constant stuttering and lagging on new Ryzen 7900 build with an RTX 4070 Super GPU ?

illfay

Commendable
Mar 30, 2022
This is happening both in-game and in Windows with very minimal multi-tasking (a few web pages and one instance of World of Warcraft running.

The stuttering and lag is often followed by a delayed beeping sound and more stuttering and it comes and goes. I am 99% certain this is a software issue of some sort as none of the parts are faulty thats for sure. Nothing has been tweaked or anything and I am using BIOS version f21, the one it originally came with.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

i am using bios version f21
We don't memorize people's specifications, let alone motherboard's make and models and their BIOS versions.

If you've recycled any parts from a prior system, please state the before and after in your specs. Where did you source your installer for your OS?

illfay

Commendable
Mar 30, 2022
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

i am using bios version f21
We don't memorize people's specifications, let alone motherboard's make and models and their BIOS versions.

If you've recycled any parts from a prior system, please state the before and after in your specs. Where did you source your installer for your OS?
Sorry for the late reply and my bad I didnt know that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900 (non x)
CPU cooler: Stock Cooler for now (temps are fine)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Arous Elite Ice AX
Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB DDR5 CL30 6000mhz
SSD/HDD: Kingston KC3000 2tb
GPU: PNY VERTO 4070 Super
PSU: Thermaltake tough power 750w Gold PSU
Chassis: MSI MAG PANO M100R PZ
Monitor: lG ultra gear QHD 165hz monitor

F21 BIOS, and everything is brand new, less than a few months old. I sourced my OS from the official Windows website.

illfay

Commendable
Mar 30, 2022
What pcie power cables did you use to connect graphics card?
Did you use daisy-chained cable (from PSU) plus 16pin cable adapter?
Or did you use 2 separate PCIE cables plus 16pin cable adapter?
Is 16pin plug securely connected to graphics card? (not loose)
I used the 2 separate 8 pin's into the 16 pin adapter that came with the gpu, it is also secured tightly. However I must add that I originally had a 7600 in the system briefly and there was zero lag issue the issue started happening when i swapped out the 7600 for the 7900.