[SOLVED] Constantly having BSOD issues, Computer boots into BSOD loop. I have A dump file but zero computer skills. PLEASE HELP ME!

Nov 13, 2019
Hi Guys

I have been google searching like crazy and always end up on this site so I have decided to join and ask for help.
My computer will try to boot up but goes into a BSOD loop which can happen for up to 5-10 or more boot attempts before booting successfully.
I am in no way A computer whizz what so ever, I have no idea what im doing at all but seen that people have helped narrow down the problems through looking at dump files.
So after an hour or two I have figured out how to get my hands on said dump file and was wondering if some kind soul could look at it and tell me what the issue is or if they can point me in the right direction, please bear in mind that any technical computer stuff I know nothing at all so explain in as simple detail as possible.
Please someone help, i can put the dump file up if anyone is willing to help.
If this helps on the BSOD there are two different errors, IRQL not less or equal and system tread exception not handled or something along those lines.
Thank you.

Solution
How unusual.

Sounds like the core OS could have been an issue - or the drive itself. You might need to clean install windows again and see if something else had caused it to become corrupt (I.e. RAM or Storage). I would in the repair environment try:

Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt.
Type chkdsk /f /r C: and then press Enter
Once finished -
Restart your PC to see if the problem is fixed or not.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If you can post a link to the dump file(s) here so we can download them then we can try and help :)
Both the IRQL and System Thread are typically driver based issues, but we'd need to dig further to find out.

In the meantime could you also please post your ENTIRE system spec including PSU make and model.
Are you able to boot into safe mode without issue?

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe I should advertise this thread more so its not so hard to find them...

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

if the only file you have is a memory.dmp file and its several gb in size, you might want to switch to this link above instead and save space.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If you can post a link to the dump file(s) here so we can download them then we can try and help :)
Both the IRQL and System Thread are typically driver based issues, but we'd need to dig further to find out.

In the meantime could you also please post your ENTIRE system spec including PSU make and model.
Are you able to boot into safe mode without issue?

Yes I will post everything as best I can, working on getting the dump file up somehow.

Motherboard is - Asus P9X79 PRO
CPU - Intel i7 - 3820 @3.60GHz
Ram - 16gb 4x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU - nvidia geforce gtx 970
PSU - Corsair TX650

Still figuring out how to link dump file.... Like I said im not at all computer savvy

Nov 13, 2019
Yes I will post everything as best I can, working on getting the dump file up somehow.

Motherboard is - Asus P9X79 PRO
CPU - Intel i7 - 3820 @3.60GHz
Ram - 16gb 4x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU - nvidia geforce gtx 970
PSU - Corsair TX650

Still figuring out how to link dump file.... Like I said im not at all computer savvy

Oh and Drives are both SSD samsung evo 125gb and 250gb

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you read my link?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Automatic Memory Dump - Have Windows Create an Automatic Memory Dump on BSOD

that creates a new Memory.dmp file after the next BSOD (found on root directory of C)
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

you can't upload direct to forums, you need to use a file sharing website like Google Drive or ONedrive and show the link from there so PC can convert it.

Nov 13, 2019
Did you read my link?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Automatic Memory Dump - Have Windows Create an Automatic Memory Dump on BSOD

that creates a new Memory.dmp file after the next BSOD (found on root directory of C)
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

you can't upload direct to forums, you need to use a file sharing website like Google Drive or ONedrive and show the link from there so PC can convert it.

Thanks I will try google drive now.

Looks like Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) is causing your issue. You have two options:
  1. Remove it.
  2. Update it to the latest version - here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...l-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Personally, I don't see the need for it inless you are running an Optane device (which I don't see in your specs) or RAID so I would try removing it first unless you have a RAID array you haven't mentioned.

Nov 13, 2019
I have looked and I dont appear to have RST on my computer, cant find it by searching or on the device manager. Also wont allow me to install as it comes up that the platform is not supported.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have looked and I dont appear to have RST on my computer, cant find it by searching or on the device manager. Also wont allow me to install as it comes up that the platform is not supported.
Use Autoruns here - find the Intel RST driver (iaStorA.sys) and uncheck it. That will disable it from starting and see if the issue repeats.
Also could you post the actual raw dump file, not the -analyze V output? :)

Nov 13, 2019
Tried the RST unchecking and now getting BSOD error saying "inaccessible boot drive"
When it tries automatic repair it BSOD system thread exception not handled.
I am now replying on my phone :(

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How unusual.

Sounds like the core OS could have been an issue - or the drive itself. You might need to clean install windows again and see if something else had caused it to become corrupt (I.e. RAM or Storage). I would in the repair environment try:

Once finished -

Solution
Nov 13, 2019
How unusual.

Once finished -

The problem that I am now facing is that I cannot get on to my computer at all, constant boot loop. It wont boot in safe mode or anything, it tries to do the automatic repair but then bsod "system threat exeption not handled" then goes back to booting to give the bsod "inaccessible boot drive"

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The problem that I am now facing is that I cannot get on to my computer at all, constant boot loop. It wont boot in safe mode or anything, it tries to do the automatic repair but then bsod "system threat exeption not handled" then goes back to booting to give the bsod "inaccessible boot drive"
But you can get into BIOS/UEFI normally? Is this after you are allowing it to boot past the BIOS?

If not a clean install should fix the issue. However simply disabling Intel RST shouldn't stop the drive from booting unless there was another issue. So it could well be the storage drive is faulty.
You will likely need a windows media installation USB anyway as this will effectively be used to either clean install or repair your current image: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

But you can get into BIOS/UEFI normally? Is this after you are allowing it to boot past the BIOS?

If not a clean install should fix the issue. However simply disabling Intel RST shouldn't stop the drive from booting unless there was another issue. So it could well be the storage drive is faulty.
You will likely need a windows media installation USB anyway as this will effectively be used to either clean install or repair your current image: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
I agree, RST shouldn't be causing boot problems, it only adds features (which I don't think your system would have even been using). Try the installer linked above and when running tell it to keep your files. They will all be stored in the Windows.old folder. Note that this is assuming the drive errors don't prevent the installer from running, but we can hope!

Colif

Win 11 Master
motherboard manual - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/P9X79-PRO/E8037_P9X79_PRO.pdf

hardware supports raid -
Intel® X79 chipset :
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), white,
4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue,
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

its mentioned on page 3-30 of the manual.

if PC has 2 drives, it could have been set up as raid. If the ssd is only small, its a common thing to have a big hdd as storage. Its only in the last 5 years or so that ssd are big enough to do both.

Nov 13, 2019
Hey guys, thanks for all of the help that has been given. I have done a complete reinstall of windows and at the minute all seems to be running smoothly, fingers crossed it stays this way. If not you will hear me cry again lol. Thanks again.