Question Continuously stuck on a bios/disk repair loop

ScottyMartin

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
A little while ago I was gaming on my pc and it randomly started to freeze up. The game became unplayable and even basic windows commands like task manager or ctl alt del would take a minute or two to load. I reset the pc and it immediately started with a disk repair error. I left this running overnight and it still didn't finish. After this I was in a continuous bios loop and couldn't get past it. I left the computer for a few days and it booted up fine. Carried on as normal a few days later I encountered the same problem.

Eventually I did a full reset on my hardrive and it fixed the problem for a few days and had simular issues again. Figuring it was a problem with that drive I removed it and used on of my other ones to install windows. Again this worked for a few days and I had the same problem again. I have done a full reset a further 2 times on this drive and the same thing happened again last night. Today the pc will load up for a disk repair then go to the windows promt screen. If I continue to windows 10 it just resets in a continuous loop. If I attempt to repair it goes through then gets suck in a continuous bios loop. The only way I can get through to windows is it seems to leave the pc for a few days and it somehow gets through but eventually will lag out again and then be back to where I am now.

Am starting to think one of the components are the issue but I have no idea how to find out which one. Any help will be greatly appreciated

ScottyMartin

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
Pc components:
Motherboard: Asus maximus xii hero
Cpu: Intel core i9 10900k 3.7ghz
Gpu: 2x evga geforce gtx 1080 ftw2
Ram: gskill ripjaw f4-2800c16q-16grk
Psu: evga supernova 1000w platinum

ScottyMartin

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
If doing any oc'ing set it back to stock speed....test.

Why do you have 2 gpu's?

Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.....no errors allowed.

No overclocking has been done

Have always built pc's with duel gpu's.

That's a decent idea, I travel for work so won't be back home to test it until the weekend, I'll post the results then

Cheers