Info CONTROL 2 PC game announced by Remedy Entertainment ! Co-developed/published with 505 Games

Hi there,

If you guys have already played CONTROL game on the PC, then you might be familiar how good this game was. So this new upcoming title needs no introduction. Nonetheless, Control was the biggest investment 505 Games has ever made.

Now, Remedy Entertainment has just announced the sequel to their award-winning game Control. 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment will be co-developing and co-publishing Control 2, which was formerly known as Codename Heron. Control 2 will be released for PC, and also PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S. The game is currently in the concept stage.

Control was released in 2019 and received 11 BAFTA Games Awards nominations as well as over 20 'Game of the Year' awards. The sequel will be developed on Remedy's Northlight engine.

Remedy will be publishing Control 2 for PC whereas 505 Games will be taking over the publication responsibility for consoles. Remedy has mentioned that although the game is being co-developed, the company will "retain the ownership of the game’s intellectual property".

The development, marketing, and post-launch investments as well as the future net revenues generated by the game will be equally split between 505 Games and Remedy.

Remedy is busy, to say the least. Alongside the two Control projects, the studio is working on Alan Wake 2, a survival-horror sequel to its 2010 mystery thriller; a free-to-play cooperative shooter co-published by Chinese giant Tencent; and remakes of its first two Max Payne games for Rockstar. Most of these games’ launch dates seem to be some way off, though.

View: https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/1591039948869828612

505 Games co-CEOs Rami and Raffi Galante spoke about the partnership and said, "We are excited to deepen our cooperation with Remedy and continue the success story of Control together. Since its launch in 2019, Control has sold over 3 million copies."

They added, "Control is the biggest investment 505 Games has ever made, so it has a special place in our hearts. We are grateful to the whole player community that has made Control such a long-lasting and loved game, and are even more excited to bring out Control 2."

Remedy Entertainment announced back in June 2021 that they will be collaborating with 505 Games for a "bigger-budget Control game". CEO of Remedy, Tero Virtala said back then, "I’m now proud to confirm that the bigger-budget Control game, also known as Codename Heron, is Control 2, a full-blown sequel to our award-winning game Control."

News Source, and the PRESS release:

Remedy Entertainment signs a co-development and co-publishing agreement with 505 Games for Control 2 - Remedy investors (remedygames.com)

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing updates on Alan Wake 2, and I can't believe a game like Control won so many awards. It seemed far too repetitive in combat and environments to me to even look interesting enough to play. To each their own though I guess.

Honestly, I'm more interested in seeing updates on Alan Wake 2, and I can't believe a game like Control won so many awards. It seemed far too repetitive in combat and environments to me to even look interesting enough to play. To each their own though I guess.

I actually enjoyed playing CONTROL. It was decent game, but not THAT good either. And yes, some of the gameplay really got repetitive. It was also a bit hard to beat. The Devs mostly focused on the Graphics/visuals, Ray Tracing implementation and stuff like that.

Though, Control's storyline was easily the most gripping story I have witnessed in a game so far. The writers did an impeccable job with the screenplay, often forcing you to believe whatever the narrative has to say. And similar to a movie, you will have to go through all the cutscenes and every dialogue Jesse says to understand what's happening.

And if you do that, you will find yourself spending hours in Control before you even realize.

In the beginning, Control seemed like a simple narrative game where all you have to do is walk and solve puzzles. But as the game unfolded, you slowly start seeing Jesse transform from a mere mortal to one shooting guns and using supernatural powers to mow down enemies with interactive material in your surroundings.

ALAN WAKE 2 is also going to be a masterpiece. This is a good franchise. And the gameplay of Alan Wake 1 was pretty much satisfying. I look forward to both these games from Remedy.

But obviously in the end, to each his own still stands true. Some games which we love playing, others may dislike, and vice versa.