Question Controlling 10 fans of Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Prismatic?

Amani_4

Honorable
Jul 27, 2016
Hello,
I'm getting 10 fans of Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Prismatic for Lian Lee O11 Dynamic XL case, I know I need PWM hub + ARGB controller, my questions are:

1- Can I get Cooler Master MasterFan ARGB and PWM Hub (6) Ports and daisy chain some fans all together (For both PWM and ARGB) ? or the controller can't take more than 6 fans?
2- Or Can I just get the PWM hub for 10 fans and daisy chain the ARGB into 2 groups (5+5) and connect them directly to the motherboard, will I still be capable to control the lights thro the software?

Feel free to suggest any other products as long as I can control the lights/fan speed through software, last time I've built a pc was in 2016 so I forgot a lot of things :<

motherboard I'm running: ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO

thanks,

Amani_4

Honorable
Jul 27, 2016
1| No.
2| That would be a better idea!

Deepcool make a 10fan PWM hub as does Phanteks. The RGB/ARGB affair can be handled with CoolerMaster's own RGB/ARGB controller then pair splitters to said controller.

Thanks for your answer, I couldn't find the controller you mentioned in Amazon or Newegg, can I pair the fans to PWM controller and pair the argb (5+5) or (3+3+) into this controller
but without connecting the PWM since it will be already connected to the 10x fan controller? thanks a lot again

Arsh Rind

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Hi, there I have the same Cooler Master Fans MF120 Prismatic, just wondering how to sync them with the motherboard. Can't figure it out. It's quite annoying changing lights and opening the case each time just for pressing the button to shift lights. The software Master plus something doesn't work. any suggestions?

Amani_4

Honorable
Jul 27, 2016
Hi, there I have the same Cooler Master Fans MF120 Prismatic, just wondering how to sync them with the motherboard. Can't figure it out. It's quite annoying changing lights and opening the case each time just for pressing the button to shift lights. The software Master plus something doesn't work. any suggestions?

What's your motherboard? I have Asus so I'm changing lights from their software 'Armoury Crate'