Cooler Master Elite 430 (fans/dust filter)

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
hello everybody I just bought a Cooler Master Elite 430 and installed everything in it. However I ordered the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus from amazon for 25$ free shipping. Anyways i also bought Rosewill 120mm RCA-1204BK it came in a four pack. at 9$ you can't go wrong eh? Anyways my question is this Do I need dust filters on the rear bottom and side fan panels? also Should I upgrade to a 140mm LED fan in the front? By installing the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus Will I still be able to mount the top 120mm Fans? And finally Can you give a me a fan setup of where I should place the fans. What place would be more effective. I don't have my motherboard so don't ask me what model number it is. This is a very nice case I picked for Price/performance ratio. It can mount up to 6 fans

Cooling System
-Top: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
-Front: 120 mm blue LED fan x 1, 140 mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Rear: 80/90/120 mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Side: 120mm fan x 1 (optional)
-Bottom: 80/90/120 mm fan x 1 (optional)

It came with a nice cooler master LED 120mm fan. If I get a 140mm I will put that fan somewhere else in the case. SO total I have 5 Fans Currently that I can install in there with 1 already installed. The Rosewill fans are excellent they are 18 DBA so quiet! So should I buy a 140mm fan to mount on the front. Preferably LED Blue
another 120mm to add onto the Cooler Master Hyper 212 + for a push/pull configuration. Then should I buy another fan to go on the side. Those are all my question I need help with them all. Also I have a Corsair Cx430 Power supply with a 120mm fan. I mounted it with the Fan facing the dust filter so tell me if that's a good decision. I love the look of this and I got it cheap 35$ If I buy fans please suggest some high rating cheap 120mm-140mm Fans so I cna take advantage of all the slots. It doesn't have to be LED. But LED is preferable.

In my case I will be running the folllowing Fans:
4 Rosewill RCA-1024BK
1 Cooler Master Blue LED 120mm
1 Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX Graphics Card fan
2 Coller Master Hyper 212 + Fans mounted
1 120mm Corsair Power Supply fan

Total of 9 fans running in this case. DO I need them all are dust filters necessary. Will this setup be very very loud. Please suggest some good cheap fans o me to buy.

Thank you BTW My name is Preston. Thanx for looking and answering all my questions. this is my first PC build ever at 14 :)

Solution
i would use a 140mm intake at the front,a 120mm on the side,and a 120mm at the rear of the case,i would also use 2 quiet 120mm fans on the top for exhaust, i have recently started using more exhaust than intake on my case(cm storm)and found this improves the cooling in general by removing most of the hot air quickly just by looking at your case i would say you can fit the 120mm fans at the top of the case,but iam am not 100% certain of this,i will add a few links for some coolermaster fans that you may like to use for case fans,i would suggest buying quality fans coz they are generally more quiet,but any high RPM fans may need to be controlled via your motherboard or fan controllers.dust filters are very important i beleive,this will...

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
i would use a 140mm intake at the front,a 120mm on the side,and a 120mm at the rear of the case,i would also use 2 quiet 120mm fans on the top for exhaust, i have recently started using more exhaust than intake on my case(cm storm)and found this improves the cooling in general by removing most of the hot air quickly just by looking at your case i would say you can fit the 120mm fans at the top of the case,but iam am not 100% certain of this,i will add a few links for some coolermaster fans that you may like to use for case fans,i would suggest buying quality fans coz they are generally more quiet,but any high RPM fans may need to be controlled via your motherboard or fan controllers.dust filters are very important i beleive,this will help alot to keep your system clean..good luck

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=6580

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=19111

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=8022

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_598&products_id=19108

Solution

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Ok so basically buy one 140mm led fan? And by one more 120mm fan for CM hyper 212+. Also I realy need help. i need a motherboard that supports a quad core core 2 quad that has support of 1333 mhz DDR3 ram. Preferably cheap and new but used is good thanx guys. The dustfiters arruved and are quality. So I will have dust filyera on every fan of my case

You do NOT need any more fans. You'd be spending money you don't need to.
Putting a fan in every fan position isn't a requirement to keep a system cool.

Is your PC's location extra dusty? Your case already had several fan filters.
Most of us just clean out the system a couple times a year.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

what parts do you already have for your system,i thought you installed most of the parts in your case already,and how much$$ do you want to spend on a motherboard

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Preston here I'm ona different computer I live in a very dusty area... Nevada lol anyways I will send the fan filters back in that case. Since I don't need them yes 5 silent 120mm fans is sufficient :) so yeah thanx WR2. And about the motherboard i have G-skill 4gb 2x2g dual channel 1333mhz ripjaws ram. Can you find me a motherboard that will support that with a core 2 quad processor? or find me a core I5 cpu lol.

pdizzle

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
ok so theese are all the parts I have in my room ready to build the PC

Case: Cooler master Elite 430

Motherboard: Have no idea

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz 4mb L2 cache (but plan to get a core 2 quad)

Video card: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTx 768mb GDDR3 Video card.

Power Supply: Corsair Cx430 (430 watt) with 3yr warranty

Hard Drive: 250gb Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM (but plan to get a SSD 60gb) for windows 7 booting.

RAM: G-skill Ripjaws Ram 2gbx2 dual channel 1333mhz DDR3 memory with heatspreaders.

DVD drive: 16x DVD drive pulled form a XPS 710

Sound card: Creative LABS X-fi Xtreme Music sound card (don't know if it's still a good sound card but it looks very nice. Tell me if it is a Nice card?

CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus with all accessories.

Fans: 120mm stock fan comes with case. Rosewill 4pack 1024Bk fans 18db.

So yeah thats the build I'm building it VERY cheap. around 150$ so tell me if it's good. And whatever Motherboard I get has to be compatible with all that. BUT I may be able to get a used 1156 processor for cheap so suggest motherboards with DDR3 ram or LGA 1156 motherboard with DDR3. support. So please help me with this build I just need a MOBO and thats It I have everything Else I bought it all.