[SOLVED] Cooler Master GX550 replacement fan

Jul 30, 2019
The oem fan gone bad and hardly spin. What fan will be a good, quiet replacement? What type of connections do I need to make sure it have?

Solution
There is still a lot of current in your psu even though it’s been unplugged for a couple of minutes. Parts in a power supply such as capacitors can hold a big amount of current for months until they completely discharge. I can’t find the exact fan size for your power supply so I can’t help you. Like I said though if you can just RMA it and try to get a replacement or just buy a new one.

OwenTheGamer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
How old is your power supply? Have you tried to RMA it? I would strongly advise you to not open your power supply to replace the fan. If you touch something with a lot of current stored in it by accident you will hurt yourself or possibly kill yourself.

Jul 30, 2019
How old is your power supply? Have you tried to RMA it? I would strongly advise you to not open your power supply to replace the fan. If you touch something with a lot of current stored in it by accident you will hurt yourself or possibly kill yourself.

I appreciate your concern, I've disconnected feom power source prior to disassembling it and waited a few minutes. I need to find a compatible fan to replace as plug-and-play.

OwenTheGamer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
There is still a lot of current in your psu even though it’s been unplugged for a couple of minutes. Parts in a power supply such as capacitors can hold a big amount of current for months until they completely discharge. I can’t find the exact fan size for your power supply so I can’t help you. Like I said though if you can just RMA it and try to get a replacement or just buy a new one.

Solution