[SOLVED] Cooler master hyper 212 turbo vs thermaltake UX200

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
Im having difficulty in deciding between the two coolers. The thermaltake is 20 percent cheaper, but if the hyper 212 turbo is properly better i would prefer increased performance. Currently running an absolutely <Mod Edit> binned 2600 that hits high 90s on a stock-ish cooler

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Honestly, i dont know how reliable that website is tbh
https://tech4gamers.com/thermaltake-ux200-argb-lighting-cooler/#Testing
This no good either? There's no Hyper 212 comparison in this one.

I mean, there's not many reviews floating around for this model.
Perhaps Amazon/Newegg reviews would be more useful for you?

Just looking at them, I'd believe the Hyper 212 is the better cooler.
Both are 4 heatpipe, direct touch models.
The UX200 is some 6mm shorter.
The fans will be the kicker here, and this is where the Hyper 212 wins. Cheapo ARGB fan on the UX200 will not move as much air.
The Hyper 212 is potentially louder, but when you need that extra 'umph', it'll be there for you to use; I don't expect you to run it at...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The test cpu in the link was a delidded 7700K.
Looks like the Hyper 212 is better - it is on the charts, but it looks like the '212' got cut off somehow. Instead, you'll see 'Hyper EVO'.
A 212 Turbo is just a Hyper 212 with a 2nd fan on it - doesn't help all that much for performance, but that's not what you're asking about.

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
The test cpu in the link was a delidded 7700K.
Looks like the Hyper 212 is better - it is on the charts, but it looks like the '212' got cut off somehow. Instead, you'll see 'Hyper EVO'.
A 212 Turbo is just a Hyper 212 with a 2nd fan on it - doesn't help all that much for performance, but that's not what you're asking about.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://tech4gamers.com/thermaltake-ux200-argb-lighting-cooler/#Testing
This no good either? There's no Hyper 212 comparison in this one.

I mean, there's not many reviews floating around for this model.
Perhaps Amazon/Newegg reviews would be more useful for you?

Just looking at them, I'd believe the Hyper 212 is the better cooler.
Both are 4 heatpipe, direct touch models.
The UX200 is some 6mm shorter.
The fans will be the kicker here, and this is where the Hyper 212 wins. Cheapo ARGB fan on the UX200 will not move as much air.
The Hyper 212 is potentially louder, but when you need that extra 'umph', it'll be there for you to use; I don't expect you to run it at 2000rpm out the gate.
RGB/ARGB fans are typically weaker because they increase a fan's power draw; manufacturers want to stay within a certain range, and will thus cripple how hard they want those fans to spin up.

Solution