Cooler Master MasterAir MA410P CPU Cooler Review: An RGB Value Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
"The MasterAir MA410P makes use of six direct-contact copper heatpipes that collect in parallel beneath the aluminum mounting base."

I'm thinking somebody missed something during copypasting.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It looks to be an incomplete sentence statement that should have read "The MasterAir MA410P makes use of four, six millimeter direct-contact copper heatpipes that collect in parallel beneath the aluminum mounting base."

FD2Raptor

Admirable
The CM MA410P and its brother, the MA610P, land at the bottom of the stacks of coolers tested on Toms (Cryorig R1/Noctua D15/Scythe Fuma/Scythe Mugen 5/ Noctua U14S/U12S/Deepcool gammax 400/etc) and the MA410P is also the loudest among the bunch.

There's absolutely no reason to buy it unless your really want that RGB fan...

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
When was the last time Tom's did a big CPU fan roundup?
I'd like to see the 12 modern fans get a brief analysis and then a comparison across several metrics. In the conclusion, you could give out recommendations based on classes like 1. Size/Weight, 2. Cooling Performance, 3. Noise Performance, and 4. Price. I know Tom's has done roundups like these before, but I feel like it's been a while since I've seen one.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
Here's my Excel online aggregation of data from the more recent Tom's cooler review featuring:

Cryorig R1 Ultimate / Noctua NH-D15 / Scythe Fuma / CM Master Air Pro 4 / Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 Pro / Deepcool GAMMAX 400 / Deepcool Assassin II / Noctua NH-U14S / Scythe Mugen 5 / Be Quiet Shadow Rock Slim / Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition / Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct / Noctua NH-U12S / FSP Windale 6 / FSP Windale 4 / CM Master Air MA410P / CM Master Air MA610P.

And some AIO liquid coolers in separate charts.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

Considering the Hyper 212 line is very old, it has been reviewed and compared almost literally to death. Most of our reviews cover data of other coolers relevant in price, size and release date.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer

The last I have heard, we aren't doing as many 'roundups' like we used to do. I think this is a direction that we're moving to for all reviews, not just cooling, with focus on individual products.

I don't disagree about the Hyper 212 series. Unfortunately, that age has placed it in many people's arsenal of go-to coolers despite that it shows its age. It's hard to convince them to forget about that cooler without direct comparisons that show that it isn't the top performer for its price point/range any more.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

Thanks for the reply Rubix. I suspect that Tomshardware feels that the "Our Best Picks" section of the website replaces the need for a roundup. I understand the value of trimming down the fat and just getting to the recommendations, but I prefer to compare the results from a wider range of product testing.

Edit:

This point also illustrates the benefit of a wider data analysis. Should I upgrade my Intel 3570K to a 7600K? What's the difference in performance? Should I continue to rely on my go to Antec Three Hundred One case (I love that thing btw), or is it time to find something more modern? Is the Noctua NH-D14 still the boss, or is it worth considering today's Cooler Master fan? I'm more easily convinced when I have the metrics all in one place.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
@ AgenLozen - yes, I believe that is the overall direction that reviews are headed, but honestly, voicing opinions like this is a great way to get what you, the reader, actually wishes to see. We are always looking for ways to provide content that our readers wish to view and our analytics department is always number crunching all sorts of data based on page views and clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.