COOLER MASTER NEPTON 120xl not performing as it should

JanKap123

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Hello everyone

I have been having issues with my new cpu cooler COOLER MASTER NEPTON 120XL
When it was first installed my cpu was working at a low temp at 25-30 idle and 60-65 while gaming .

My issue is that some days the cpu cooler works and some it just does not. I have re positioned it and reapplied new thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5) many times but with short time effect now my cpu cooler is not performing again sitting at 50 idle and 90+ while gaming and it is extremely loud.

What can i do ?

Solution

well check if the fan is still spinning when its heating too much, maybe it is a pump problem, the pump must be faulty. Check if you can hear any rumbling noises, if you do then there might be air bubbles in the coolant line. I...

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013

well check if the fan is still spinning when its heating too much, maybe it is a pump problem, the pump must be faulty. Check if you can hear any rumbling noises, if you do then there might be air bubbles in the coolant line. I would recommend you change to a air cooler because it has less parts to fail, only a fan or two and some air cooler perform much better than water coolers

Solution