Cooler Master Shows Off New Enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
The Case used to be a rather exciting part of a build... Now it's just bleh... I've seen so few real ingenious case design thoughts lately. I'm liking my Fractal Design R4 with Window. Very quiet but yet still some visual 'to look at' stuffs. Fat though and I'm not a fan of front doors but...

Any more so many of these mainstream cases just look alike... OR, just look ridiculous. I guess maybe there's just so much you CAN do. I do miss the vertical cases (very few left, cases that rotated the motherboard 90deg clockwise to have the cards vertical for better heat removal). That was a clever idea. Never really saw it done quite perfectly though.

Guess I'm just waiting for something different (while not being ridiculous).

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
My ideal case would be; full dust filter integration, no 5.25" bays, 2x USB 3.0 front panel, power but no reset switch, and the front would be entirely ventilated with fans.

So far nobody has made such a case :(

cmcghee358

Distinguished
I find it odd that no fans are included in the N200/400/600 for the reason they are designed for water cooling. This would require full water cooling of every component. Most people traditionally cool their CPU/GPUs and sometimes the motherboard. I think the lack of fans is a cop-out.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]anxiousinfusion[/nom]My ideal case would be; full dust filter integration, no 5.25" bays, 2x USB 3.0 front panel, power but no reset switch, and the front would be entirely ventilated with fans.So far nobody has made such a case[/citation]

The 5.25" is a near necessity, either for the majority who still use a disc drive for something, or those who have devices to stick in there (fan controller, SD memory card readers, water cooling reservoir/pump). I don't know about the reset button. Personally I don't know many who use it for much. Most people seem to just shut the system off and turn back on if they have to. And, you didn't mention the front panel audio or eSata...

I do think you're on to something, though. It would be nice to have a case with some sort of well done modular front panel, so you can take out the stuff you do't want and keep the stuff you do.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Time to get rid of so many 5.25 bays. Just 1 or 2 bays. And includes covers that is either an optical drive cover or a drop-down (to access a hidden drive bay or slot reader.

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
If you have seen one big box, you have seen them all. All I see is giant landfills full of computer cases. I think these case manufacturers should be required to dispose of all these used computer cases. If we did that they would design a lot more smaller computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.