[SOLVED] Cooler Master's HYPER 212 RGB BLACK EDITION vs AMD Stock Cooler

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I'm looking the specifications of the aforementioned cooler and he spins at a maximum of 2000RPM. Now, I understand this isn't the only specification I should look for, but my stock cooler runs at about 3100RPM and my average temp is around 70º.

Will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 help or will it make no difference?
I don't understand very well the mechanics of CPU coolers, so I imagine something to do with the heat transfer from the CPU to the heatsink makes the RPM difference irrelevant, but I would like to understand and learn, whenever possible.

EDIT: Also, on that note on fans, should I buy a 240mm for my exhausting port to substitute the 120mm or is that not necessary? I have a Sharkoon Pure Steel RGB (no front fans) case.

Solution
Scythe Mugen 5 is way too expensive in my country, would the aforementioned Hyper 212 be at least 'good enough'?
I read somewhere that locking the clock at 3.9GHz would reduce CPU capabilities by only 1-3% while drastically reducing temperatures. Is that correct?

I'm unable to find comparisons between Mugen 5 and Hyper 212 online.
Id honestly still recommend you a scythe mugen 5 as i mentioned it has 6 heatpipes whereas 4 compared to the 212 ive heard really good reviews about the Mugen 5 and honestly they cannot be compared due to thier price difference and thus it overpowers the 212 and its also a one time investment you could use still use it for your future build if the socket dimensions remains the same.
Id recommend the...
I'm looking the specifications of the aforementioned cooler and he spins at a maximum of 2000RPM. Now, I understand this isn't the only specification I should look for, but my stock cooler runs at about 3100RPM and my average temp is around 70º.

Will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 help or will it make no difference?
I don't understand very well the mechanics of CPU coolers, so I imagine something to do with the heat transfer from the CPU to the heatsink makes the RPM difference irrelevant, but I would like to understand and learn, whenever possible.

EDIT: Also, on that note on fans, should I buy a 240mm for my exhausting port to substitute the 120mm or is that not necessary? I have a Sharkoon Pure Steel RGB (no front fans) case.
Hello There!
Thats very few info regarding your setup.
Please give your pc specs,
Cpu:
Mobo:
Ram:
Gpu:
Case:
Which and how many case fan?
Idle and load temps:
Ambient temp:

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
Hello There!
Thats very few info regarding your setup.
Please give your pc specs,
Cpu:
Mobo:
Ram:
Gpu:
Case:
Idle and load temps:
Ambient temp:

Fair enough. My bad.

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600 XT
Mobo: Prime B450M-Gaming/BR
Ram: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
Gpu: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580
Case: Sharkoon Pure Steel RGB

• 3x below pulling air, 1x back pushing air, all at 1200RPM
  • stock cooler on CPU at 2000-3200rpm
Idle and load temps: 56ºC - 76ºC
Ambient temp: 24ºC

Fair enough. My bad.

I do beleive the temps can improve, I did some googling but dint get enough info regarding 3600XT your load temp doesnt bother me but the idle kinda does not sure what to expect.If you are planning to buy a cooler im gonna recommend you a Scythe Mugen 5 it has 6 copper piper and thus performs better than the 212 and much better than the stock cooler.

Scythe Mugen 5
https://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Rev-CPU-Cooler-Support/dp/B06ZYB8K77/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=scythe+mugen+5&qid=1615472021&sprefix=Scythe+M&sr=8-4

Scythe Fuma 2(found it for 60bucks so had to include)
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45

Last edited:
Reactions: cordeirooo

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
I do beleive the temps can improve, I did some googling but dint get enough info regarding 3600XT your load temp doesnt bother me but the idle kinda does not sure what to expect.If you are planning to buy a cooler im gonna recommend you a Scythe Mugen 5 it has 6 copper piper and thus performs better than the 212 and much better than the stock cooler.

Scythe Mugen 5
https://www.amazon.com/Mugen-Rev-CPU-Cooler-Support/dp/B06ZYB8K77/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=scythe+mugen+5&qid=1615472021&sprefix=Scythe+M&sr=8-4

Scythe Fuma 2(found it for 60bucks so had to include)
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45

Scythe Mugen 5 is way too expensive in my country, would the aforementioned Hyper 212 be at least 'good enough'?
I read somewhere that locking the clock at 3.9GHz would reduce CPU capabilities by only 1-3% while drastically reducing temperatures. Is that correct?

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020

No need lower like that its not ghz that creating so much heat as voltage. Much better heat reduce can be achieve. 3600x here OC/undervolts reduce heat 12% very little performance loss maybe 2-3fps in games.

cordeirooo

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2012
No need lower like that its not ghz that creating so much heat as voltage. Much better heat reduce can be achieve. 3600x here OC/undervolts reduce heat 12% very little performance loss maybe 2-3fps in games.

I imagine it's a simple procedure?

Also, about the cooler: I found a store with plenty of Mugen 5 with good prices, but I would need to know the difference between them because the price vary as much as 20%:
Here are the three versions.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Fair enough. My bad.

The hyper 212 should improve your temps by at least 10C probably more like 15C the stock coolers are just bad.

Last edited:

Id honestly still recommend you a scythe mugen 5 as i mentioned it has 6 heatpipes whereas 4 compared to the 212 ive heard really good reviews about the Mugen 5 and honestly they cannot be compared due to thier price difference and thus it overpowers the 212 and its also a one time investment you could use still use it for your future build if the socket dimensions remains the same.
Id recommend the following cooler as price is the concern.
https://www.pichau.com.br/hardware/...ra-processador-scythe-mugen-5-120mm-scmg-5100
If price bothers 212 would be ok but mugen would do it better though at a cost.

Solution