Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5 ODD and case fans

DougEFresh333

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
I recently bought the Mastercase Pro 5 and some Noctua case fans to go with it. The case came with two front fans and one rear fan, so I bought 3 noctua case fans, two for the top, and one more for the front. I recently bought a blu-ray burner that I wanted to install, but now I have to remove one of the front case fans. I understand positive and negative air pressure, but how bad will it really be if I keep the 1 rear and two top fans, with only 2 front fans. All fans are 140mm also. I was going to check if I could install 3 120mm fans, and still have space for the blu-ray drive, but I don't think that will work... I am now debating whether I want to install the blu-ray drive now, or maybe return it. I appreciate the help!!

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
The whole positive/negative case pressure thing is blown way the heck out of proportion. Take the fan out, install the BlueRay, and watch movies. If you're really feeling that paranoid, return the internal player and buy an external player. But really, the worst part about negative pressure is that you can suck dust in through all the various cracks in the case, the worst thing about positive pressure is fan noise. Neither appreciably affects cooling inside the case. Again, if you're really paranoid, get a CPU/GPU temp monitoring app (HWinFo64) and fixate on that.

DougEFresh333

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
Yeah, I have the apps for checking Temps and all that. I just wanted to get some opinions on the whole thing. I was gonna give it shot with 2 intake and 3 exhaust and see how it goes. Its a new pc, and it's run well with 3 intake 3 exhaust thus far, but I'm sure 2 in 3 out will be fine. This case has a bunch of filters everywhere too, so that'll help. Thanks for the input!