Question Coolermaster ML240L V2 vs Noctua NH-D15 for 5800X3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2022
Upgraded to the 5800X3D last week and my old cooler was not getting it done. Installed the Coolermaster AIO referenced above and was still getting 90C and throttling when running Cinebench R23 multi-thread benchmark. Reapplied paste and reset but still an issue.

I just ordered the Noctua NH-D15 but I am reading about a number of builds hitting 90C with this CPU. Should I bother to change out the Coolermaster for the Noctua?

Upgraded to the 5800X3D last week and my old cooler was not getting it done. Installed the Coolermaster AIO referenced above and was still getting 90C and throttling when running Cinebench R23 multi-thread benchmark. Reapplied paste and reset but still an issue.

I just ordered the Noctua NH-D15 but I am reading about a number of builds hitting 90C with this CPU. Should I bother to change out the Coolermaster for the Noctua?
What is your complete cooling setup ?

Jun 20, 2022
I have a Rosewill case with 3 120 fans and a large outflow fan. However, I even opened the case all the way and I'm getting these issues. Home is nicely air-conditioned.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
What paste are you using, and how are you applying it?

Sorry, need to be a bit more specific about the Rosewill case. It gives others an idea of what airflow is, or can be like.

I have an idea what may be going on, but you already bought the D15... might just be better to wait and see what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.