Cooling Advise Unsure

huseyin1990

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
Could someone please explain to me how the cooling works and how you can get fans to be intake or exhaust?

I am buying a 450D Corsair case and it has 2 intake and 1 exhaust fans. I will put a Corsair H110i on top of the case.

How can you change this if the fans are intake or exhaust or do you buy them as separate ones?

Is there like a switch to flick the way they work or do you turn them around when fitting? Sorry I am quite confused..

Also, do you think ill need any extra fans? I will buy 2 Corsair 120mm ML fans as well to fit somewhere I guess.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G5I6MRK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Thanks

Solution
Fan blades push air into one direction while spinning usually indicated on the frame. If you flip it you turn your intake into exhaust. You want to intake cool air in the front and bottom of your case and exhaust it in the back and top above your CPU cooler.
You can sandwich the H110i between 4 fans and use it as a top exhaust. Or only use the fans that came with the H110i and use 2 of the case fans as intake and place the third one to the back.
The magnetic fans from Corsair are great, they also have good pressure values, you can use them on your radiator ;)

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
Fan blades push air into one direction while spinning usually indicated on the frame. If you flip it you turn your intake into exhaust. You want to intake cool air in the front and bottom of your case and exhaust it in the back and top above your CPU cooler.
You can sandwich the H110i between 4 fans and use it as a top exhaust. Or only use the fans that came with the H110i and use 2 of the case fans as intake and place the third one to the back.
The magnetic fans from Corsair are great, they also have good pressure values, you can use them on your radiator ;)

Solution