Cooling an i7 7700k with Evo 212 Cooler

PCXBGamer

Honorable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi, I am building a new system that consists of an i7 7700k cooled by an evo 212, and a gtx 1080 gaming X.

Now the main question;
Is the evo 212 good enough to cool a 7700k at base speeds when performing at 100%?

I also only have 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan on the case. And my evo only has one fan which im planning to upgrade to 2 fans for the cooler as well as use up all of the spots for fans in my ATX case.
I have the aerocool-500 atx case with 5 spaces for fans. 2 at the top, 2 at the front and one at the back.

Anyway thanks in advance...

Solution
I think you'll see high temps with that cooler. It's a 150W TDP cooler on a CPU that needs 130W to not throttle, so you'll see 80-85's at a guess.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
the evo212 is apopular budget aircooler improvemtn over stock fans. on stock speeds expect idle temps at around 35C. and your temps at turbo at around the 80s. its not the most efficient cooler for overclocking. maybe you can improve temps by doing a push pull on that evo.

2 fans is unnecessary on an evo - it only drops temps by 2-3c max.

But yes at stock speeds its enough easily - you shouldnt see past mid 60's at 100% use if your case cooling is decent.

By all accounts populate the 2 front intakes with fans & the rear & top/rear with exhausts.
Leave the top/front slot clear though,Putting an exhaust there actually pulls cool air away from the front of a tower cooler & imo impacts cpu cooler performance detrimentally.