[SOLVED] Cooling the Vram on an RTX 2080 Ti ?

somsakjame

Reputable
Nov 3, 2017
HI Guys,

I bought a used RTX 2080 Ti Aorus, but it is badly overheating. Vram is a big problem as it would rise to 110*C and make the whole PCB hot and i believe that's the reason the card is throttling.

My currently solution is hooking it up with Kraken x62 but it seems not to solve the Vram problem as it still rising to 110*C

So, I just ordered a copper plates for Vram but how do I hook it up without dropping it ? I don't think thermal pad is strong enough to hold copper plate.
Also, is it a good idea to put an aluminium heatsink on top of copper plate ?

Current card:
https://ibb.co/0B64rzw

Solution
Thermal adhesive is used to attach heatsinks to memory rather than compound or pads. Thermal adhesive tape is a more low efficiency option. Thermal adhesive is semi-permanent, so be sure you want to do this.

Just get some copper heatsinks and skip the aluminum, or stick with aluminum. You don't want to add multiple layers if you can avoid it.

Ideally, just go full coverage water block. 2080Ti blocks aren't too bad really since they aren't in production anymore.

Would need the exact card to look up though, there are several Aorus models.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Thermal adhesive is used to attach heatsinks to memory rather than compound or pads. Thermal adhesive tape is a more low efficiency option. Thermal adhesive is semi-permanent, so be sure you want to do this.

Just get some copper heatsinks and skip the aluminum, or stick with aluminum. You don't want to add multiple layers if you can avoid it.

Ideally, just go full coverage water block. 2080Ti blocks aren't too bad really since they aren't in production anymore.

Would need the exact card to look up though, there are several Aorus models.

Solution