copy c drive to bootable usb

ieesh

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
i want to make a image file of cdrive to a bootable usb to install same windows and applications on to other computers can some one help me and tell me which software can do it and if possible where to see step by step method to make it

Solution
If you are say in an office and have 25 Dell Optiplex .... then this is completely fine, and completely legal.

HOWEVER, if these are different computers with different hardware this is not going to work well.
When windows is installed it installs itself around the hardware in the computer. If there is a minor difference between hardware (say 2 different computers both with z170 motherboards but one from ASUS and one from MSI) then you can probably be find just updating drivers; but if you say have a skylake intel on one and a haswell intel on another or even worse an AMD cpu on another then IF it even boots it will likely be unstable.

Now if you are in the situation of the first example then yes you can use any disk imaging software...

ieesh

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
sir i understand but i dont mind entering another product key but the main problem is the installing of apps again and again with windows and all the process i have to do in 4 computers it will save me time and work

If you are say in an office and have 25 Dell Optiplex .... then this is completely fine, and completely legal.

HOWEVER, if these are different computers with different hardware this is not going to work well.
When windows is installed it installs itself around the hardware in the computer. If there is a minor difference between hardware (say 2 different computers both with z170 motherboards but one from ASUS and one from MSI) then you can probably be find just updating drivers; but if you say have a skylake intel on one and a haswell intel on another or even worse an AMD cpu on another then IF it even boots it will likely be unstable.

Now if you are in the situation of the first example then yes you can use any disk imaging software to put your C drive onto an external or usb (or even a newtork share if software supports it), then you load your bootable version of the clone software and your image file and image the computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS