Core i3 or amd a8

solymanali35

Reputable
Jan 7, 2018
Should I go for intel core i3 6006u with 4gb ddr4 ram or amd a8 7410 with 8gb ddr3l 2133 mhz ram?
Note : for normal use and light gaming like telltale games , paladin dota 2, etc etc

Solution
You had better keep a VERY close eye on thermals (Use AMD overdrive or CoreTemp with the advanced options set to "distance to Tjmax" which is AMD's specified and preferred method of tracking thermal ceiling compliance. You don't want to see anything closer than 15°C distance to Tjmax, ever) when running encoding, video, photoshop, 3D applications or anything else that is somewhat demanding, AND be absolutely sure to keep the intake ports for the cooling system on the bottom of that unit completely free from obstructions like your pants, blankets, carpet, or anything else that might even partially restrict airflow into the unit.

The A series laptops are WELL known for dying quickly due to thermal issues. Might not even be a bad idea to...

solymanali35

Reputable
Jan 7, 2018

You're right but you're damn too late . I already bought that Amd's laptop , actually its not that bad , but it's not good for video editing and photoshop. the response time is too low.
But it's good for normal usage

You had better keep a VERY close eye on thermals (Use AMD overdrive or CoreTemp with the advanced options set to "distance to Tjmax" which is AMD's specified and preferred method of tracking thermal ceiling compliance. You don't want to see anything closer than 15°C distance to Tjmax, ever) when running encoding, video, photoshop, 3D applications or anything else that is somewhat demanding, AND be absolutely sure to keep the intake ports for the cooling system on the bottom of that unit completely free from obstructions like your pants, blankets, carpet, or anything else that might even partially restrict airflow into the unit.

The A series laptops are WELL known for dying quickly due to thermal issues. Might not even be a bad idea to add some rubber furniture pads to the bottom four corners to further raise the bottom surface away from restrictions. I did had to do this to one of my A series laptops after the first one started dying after only a single session of using it sitting on my lap while on the couch a few years back. Terribly sensitive to thermal conditions due to the fact that most of them have minimal and poor heatsink/fan cooler performance. Not terribly uncommon on MOST mid to low tier laptops but especially bad on those A8 and A10 series units.

Solution