Core i7-4790K Review: Devil's Canyon Tantalizes Enthusiasts

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namec

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
Ending this 4790K review with a comment about 3930K was uncalled for, irrelevant and self-serving.

Comparing 4790K to 4770K makes sense, but comparing 4790K to an E series processor makes no sense. If you are going to be a fanboy, you may as well throw in some Xeons as well.

I have seldom seen so many prejudicial reviews of a product as I have seen for 4790K.

I expected less bias from Tom's, but have been proven wrong.

Adroid

Distinguished

It's time like this I would like to down vote comments.

Being a "fanboy" doesn't involve comparing CPUs in the same performance bracket in an unbiased fashion, especially if we are talking about the same manufacturer... The "fanboy" is the one who shows up here and says how much better the 8350 is...

99/100 people who came to read this article wanted to know how this CPU chalks up to other similar CPUs - 3770k, 4770k, 3930k... Why not?

And you came here to post a dig on the editors because you feel that comparing CPUs of similar performance is "irrelevant and self-serving". Nice. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.