Question Core i7-6700k for Windows 11 ?

Aug 14, 2023
hey all so i already know that the Core i7-6700k is not supported for Windows 11 , but i wonder if there is a way i can upgrade to Windows 11 without any issues?

Second question is , is it worth it? because it is not supported , would i get any perfomance issues, lag, etc and those kind of problems? thanks in advance

windows 10
i7 6700k
ram 16 gb
gtx 970

Yes Windows 11 will run fine on your system. There are many resources out there from google and youtube to help you with the installing of Windows 11.

Window 10 is still great almost same as 11 but yes you can do 11 if you do the research.

USAFRet

Titan
hey all so i already know that core i7 6700k is not supported for windows 11 , but i wonder if there is a way i can upgrade to windows 11 without any issue
second question is , is it worth it? because it is not supported , would i get any perfomance issues, lag, etc and those kind of problems? thank in advance

windows 10
i7 6700k
ram 16 gb
gtx 970
Do you plan to keep this system beyond Oct 2025?
If not, leave it at WIn 10.

USAFRet

Titan
basically no , but i would keep it for 2024 definitely , also i want to see how windows 11 is and how good it is , you know , better performance etc...
I have both, on different systems.
Basically, little or no difference.
I see Win 11 as WIn 10 with a slightly different skin.

Win 10 does not fall off full support until Oct 2025.
Just leave it as is.

Win 11 on whatever new system you build then.

Reactions: kira-faye
Aug 14, 2023
I have both, on different systems.
Basically, little or no difference.
I see Win 11 as WIn 10 with a slightly different skin.

Win 10 does not fall off full support until Oct 2025.
Just leave it as is.

Win 11 on whatever new system you build then.
so in terms of like new skin , new themes , new performance , its really not worth it much ? than i guess i will stick with windows 10 , thanks for ur advice my guy

ubuysa

Distinguished
Yes and no. I have had Win 11 running on my i7-6700 but that doesn't mean that Win 11 will always run - because it's NOT A SUPPORTED PROCESSOR. What you don't want to happen is to have Win 11 running for a year and then find that Microsoft made a small change that your 6700 won't support at all. Then you'll be dead in the water.

I plan to build a new rig in the second-half of 2024 or the first-half of 2025.

TRENDING THREADS