Question Corsair 3600 mhz ram for Z370P D3 (rev. 1.0)

gabecz

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Hi

I read the list of compatible rams but am asking now the community if what are the odds that if a ram is not listed there it won't work? To be more specific I'd like to have a Corsair cmk32 kit with 3600 mhz (2x16, no space for 4x because of cpu cooler, as of today I have 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2A2133C13 according to Aida64 but haven't taken the computer to pieces in ages can't confirm. The ram is not listed in the compatibility list on the Gigabyte website hence my confusion.

My pick would be CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 from amazon. It's to return for $0 so I can always give it a try it'd be just good to hear that someone can say sure it'll work or if someone is having the same combo with Z370P D3, I only would like to upgrade because I see my ram being exhausted when playing games and because ~50 bucks is not a huge investment to chill the system, and maybe have slightly better performance.

Another question is if I NEED 3600 mhz or 3200 would be just fine and having 2x16gb would make no difference at all (3200 vs 3600 it is)

I do not overclock.

Thanks

Gabe

Lutfij

Titan
What processor do you have on the motherboard's socket? You should be good to throw in any kit of ram, including the one you've listed above, just don't mix and match. Also prior to your ram upgrade, make sure you're on the latest BIOS version, clear the CMOS and then drop the rams in slots A2 and B2.

Just an FYI, if you look at tighter latencies, they cost more but their return is slightly better FPS if that's what you're pursuing in your titles.

My vote - 2x16GB DDR4-3600MHz + tight latency kit.

gabecz

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks. I have an i7-8700K and an nVidia GeForce RTX3070 to make the list full. With a 65 QN90D tv I understand 4k on full-full would need a better vga at least but I don't mind "only" 1440 or 1080 on maximum settings.
I'm not sure which slot is which but I cannot put ram into the 1st slot closest to the CPU because my cooler fan is in the way. So that kind of defines where I will pop in the sticks. As per a picture online the slots that I'm using now and will be using with the new pair are DDR4_1 and DDR4_2
The "brighter grey" slots on this picture
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2e8AAOSw-NZiXE-P/s-l960.webp

Off: I struggle setting up HDR but when I did and it worked for a second I didn't like its extreme brightness. I'm exaggerating but the tv is burning my eyeballs out as it is. I just don't like when options are greyed out because "your hardware isn't good enough" :)