Question Corsair 5000D case and ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 front mount?

jesusw00t

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
Corsair 5000D case
GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS ULTRA mobo
Gigabyte AORUS 32GB ram
intel 13700k
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3

i have the AIO mounted tubes down front of case pulling hot air into my case because i could not fit the AIO on the top of the case the mobo in the way.

i have 4 exhaust fans three on top and one on the back of case blowing hot air out of case

my question is this setup a bad idea for my GPU long term?

my CPU temps sit very low while gaming (about 60C max) but my GPU temps seem to go from 65C-75C

i can upload pictures if needed any advice would be appreciated

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It gets overblown at times; there's not that much merit/demerit behind where a radiator goes, unless the panel is solid.
A gpu dumps way more heat into a case anyway. No matter how you spin it, something's going to get some preheated air from something - it matters more that air is going in and out smoothly and noise levels are within your comfort zone.

my CPU temps sit very low while gaming (about 60C max) but my GPU temps seem to go from 65C-75C
Very acceptable.

Reactions: geofelt

jesusw00t

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
would adding three 120mm fans on the side as intake make any difference?
im also getting the airflow front panel for the corsair 5000d case might make some difference.

thanks

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Probably, but the more straightforward the air 'traffic' in the case, the more efficient the cooling is.

There comes a point where 'how many fans is too many', and that got passed up long ago with some setups.
Although every fan slot is optional, some of us are compelled to fill each one, which isn't always a good thing; increasing the rate in which dust enters/collects and creating hot pockets in the case from throwing air around everywhere.
It's why 'enter the front, exit the rear + roof' is the recommendation for most cases/setups.

im also getting the airflow front panel for the corsair 5000d case might make some difference.
Aye, radiators are best supported by meshed panels.

thanks
It might, but in a negative way by
Disrupting a clean front to back airflow.

And.. what do you hope to achieve with the added cost and noise?
Graphics cards try to optimize performance while keeping temperatures in the 80c. range.
You are doing well there.

jesusw00t

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
It might, but in a negative way by
Disrupting a clean front to back airflow.

And.. what do you hope to achieve with the added cost and noise?
Graphics cards try to optimize performance while keeping temperatures in the 80c. range.
You are doing well there.
i was told personally that having the AIO as the only intake was bad in the long term for the health of mobo components like ram/m.2 ssd that is why i was asking otherwise im happy with the the build as is.

thanks for the help i will keep the build for now as is.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i was told personally that having the AIO as the only intake was bad in the long term for the health of mobo components like ram/m
Yeah, that's way overblown.
Even some preheated air is better than none, and like I said earlier, the current trend of gpu coolers can easily dump more heat on components than a front installed cpu AIO.

Last edited:

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Corsair 5000D case
GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS ULTRA mobo
Gigabyte AORUS 32GB ram
intel 13700k
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3

i have the AIO mounted tubes down front of case pulling hot air into my case because i could not fit the AIO on the top of the case the mobo in the way.

i have 4 exhaust fans three on top and one on the back of case blowing hot air out of case

my question is this setup a bad idea for my GPU long term?

i can upload pictures if needed any advice would be appreciated