Corsair 750d and h100i mounting

Tehcookiemonster

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
Trying to figure out the best place to mount the corsair h100i in my 750d case.

I will be using the standard fans that come with the aio and case, would like to know if its better to top mount or front mount and why please.

Intake/exhaust

Thanks.

Solution
No reason to not go with a 280mm rad if you have a 750D unless it was free or something. If you haven't bought it yet I would strongly recommend you consider an H115i Extreme or H115i Pro.

Aside from that. Panikattak is correct the best place is the front of the case with fans set to push, however with the rad at the front, you can set it up to be push/pull which would decrease temps a little bit more.

If you DO NOT have the 750D airflow edition the top of the case is also a viable option or Corsair also sells the mesh front panel (as opposed to the flat front panel) for drastically increased airflow.

It is also worth noting the 750D airflow already has great airflow through the case. I have my H115i set to push/exhaust (as in it is...

panikattak

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Check out this youtube video from Bitwit on this very subject(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves). I watched this before I moved my stuff to my new Fractal Design R6. I chose to front mounted my fans/radiator based on his results.

The jist of it is, with front mount, you are pulling in cooler air from outside the case to cool the radiator and also the rest case where as with top mount you would be blowing warmer air through the rad lowering the cooling capability. It also depends on the type of GPU you are using as well which he explains in the video.(Skip to about 8:25 in the video to see the results)

Hope this helps! Good luck.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
No reason to not go with a 280mm rad if you have a 750D unless it was free or something. If you haven't bought it yet I would strongly recommend you consider an H115i Extreme or H115i Pro.

Aside from that. Panikattak is correct the best place is the front of the case with fans set to push, however with the rad at the front, you can set it up to be push/pull which would decrease temps a little bit more.

If you DO NOT have the 750D airflow edition the top of the case is also a viable option or Corsair also sells the mesh front panel (as opposed to the flat front panel) for drastically increased airflow.

It is also worth noting the 750D airflow already has great airflow through the case. I have my H115i set to push/exhaust (as in it is pushing case air out the top.

Even with my Zotac AMP! Extreme 1080 Ti (the hottest running 1080 Ti there is) and ambient temps around 25C my H115i and 750D are able to keep my 8700k stock under 60C for gaming even with the pump and fans in silent mode. recording/streaming it will occasionally spike to around 65C, but even still with the 8700k those are great temps.

But with all that said with an airflow ed. the best place for the rad is to push into the front of the case.
I am thinking of redoing my build to do push/pull at the front.

Solution