Corsair 750D Radiator and Fan Questions

CmdrJeffSinclair

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
Hi everyone,

I need first hand knowledge from owners of the Corsair 750D

For the top of the case, specs clearly say that a 360mm radiator can be mounted, however
1) Can the 360mm rad be mounted easily INSIDE the case?

2) Specs say the top 5.25" bay will be blocked by a 360mm rad, does this mean I have to take the bay out?
3) If the 5.25" bay must be removed to accommodate a 360mm rad, will I still be able to install my blu ray drive?

and 4) How thick can the radiator really be if internally installed. And will the tubing be difficult to maneuver since the case can just barely fit a 360mm rad? (ie- make it hard to position stuff like the mobo, RAM, and CPU)?

Thanks guys, I'm about to buy a Haswell-E system with a Swiftech H20 320 Elite 360mm radiator here http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17739/ex-wat-232/Swiftech_H20-320_Elite_Series_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_-_Universal_Mount_H2O-320-Elite.html

Here is my build from PC Partpicker
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QF9jbv

Thanks everyone!

(On the parts list I have the NZXT Switch 810 selected since I know already it will fit huge rads, but I like the Corsair 750D better so long as I get some of this confusing info cleared up)

Solution
Literally Google Image searching "Corsair 750D" answered the first three of your questions in the first row of results, and you can intuit four.

85b10909_5k00.jpeg

4. That looks like a 30mm rad in there. So I would say you can fit up to a 60mm rad with a single layer of fans, or a 30mm with push/pull (fans are 25mm). How hard tubing will be generally comes down to how well you have planned it out and if you have gotten angled adapters. With the loop above the tubing is very well done (except between the Pump and Bottom rad) because of a good use of rotary angled adapters.
Literally Google Image searching "Corsair 750D" answered the first three of your questions in the first row of results, and you can intuit four.

85b10909_5k00.jpeg

4. That looks like a 30mm rad in there. So I would say you can fit up to a 60mm rad with a single layer of fans, or a 30mm with push/pull (fans are 25mm). How hard tubing will be generally comes down to how well you have planned it out and if you have gotten angled adapters. With the loop above the tubing is very well done (except between the Pump and Bottom rad) because of a good use of rotary angled adapters.

Solution

CmdrJeffSinclair

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014

Yeah I looked all over the place for a few weeks and never found such a great picture! I've planned a great deal however I've never built my own desktop so I can only do so much without first hand experience. Tom's Hardware has been excellent in filling in those gaps.

Your post was great. I read that 60mm's were hard to fit in the 750D but others had no issue as well, so I never got a clear answer. It seemed contingent upon the mobo and the rad. The tubing also did not occur to me at all. I'm glad you mentioned that. I am going to get a great high end AIO 360 rad by Swiftech which is a great middleground to have a nice pump, longer rad, fast but quiet fans (unlike other AIO's) without the hassle of finding everything from scratch and dropping $500.

I think I will just get the NZXT Switch 810 since it's clearly large enough to hold a 420mm rad but also is the same price. I'd prefer Corsair for the look and reputation, but they're basically the same plastic and steel case with different brand names tapered on them